frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just recently, my Master Sound headphones for the AT Pro went out on me. They were plugged into the machine but the only sound that came out was from the machine itself, not the headphones. I tested with another set and those headphones worked as they should. I contacted Garrett and after running the serial number to my machine, they informed me that the warranty had run out and there was nothing I could do other than purchase a new set. The machine I purchased was a 2014 edition.
I had always heard that the Garrett customer service was amazing and very helpful and I suppose I was hoping for some sort of replacement from Garrett but that didn't happen. Technically, they weren't required to do anything so I can't fault them.

Moving forward, I need a new set of headphones....and it seems the z-link setup would be nice but seems very expensive for all of it.

What Garrett or aftermarket headphones would you suggest??

Thanks!!

frogginfish

Upvote 0

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I've had some luck taking them apart and fixing the broken connections. The wires are tiny. Cheap headphones for sure. I also bought a used pair off ebay for really reasonable $.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like Grey Ghosts with their lifetime warranty.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Garrett Easy Stow Headphones for around $22 on amazon. There're lighter weight and sound very good.
Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Clea...665968&sprefix=Garrett+easy+st,aps,201&sr=8-2

1612700_clearsound_headphones_600x825.jpg 51Ol9U0r77L._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_PIAmznPrime,BottomLeft,0,-5_PIStarRatingFOUR.jpg

Last edited:

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
A couple years ago my ATPro headphones started acting up, cutting in and out. I took the muff apart on the side where the wires go in. One of the wires had broken at the solder joint. I soldered the broken wire and they were fine for a while. Then they were acting up again, checked the wires and they looked fine. I think a wire may have broken inside the cord this time, so I bought a different pair.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I put the 1/4" Jack adapter on my machine to use my Gray Ghost headphones. They sound a little different than the Garrett but are much cleaner sounding.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Grey Ghost work very well with the AT Pro/Gold. You will need the adapter to use 1/4" headphones.:icon_thumleft:

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put the 1/4" Jack adapter on my machine to use my Gray Ghost headphones. They sound a little different than the Garrett but are much cleaner sounding.

I second this. I use the 1/4” jack so I can use any headphones that I want. I’ve heard really good things about the gray ghost headphones, though I’ve never tried them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread