ML Equinox 600 .. excited - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: ML Equinox 600 .. excited

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Dirt 2 Dollar

    Mar 2016
    Middleburg, Florida
    Good Ol'Bounty Hunter
    49
    36 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just ordered the ML 600 bundle pack on Amazon going from a Bounty Hunter to this....
    AstralDruid likes this.

  2. #17
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    14,562
    25749 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Jamie, I think you'll like it much more than what you had. I assume in Florida you'll go to the beach. Make sure it gets submerged sometime in the next few months to make sure yours stays tight and dry.

  3. #18
    us
    Oct 2009
    8,919
    8103 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Garrison View Post
    I just ordered the ML 600 bundle pack on Amazon going from a Bounty Hunter to this....
    Wow, your world is about to open up!

  4. #19
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    14,562
    25749 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Yeah, and your head may explode. Use a stock program with no tweaking at first and dig it all, just not to miss anything.
    Jason in Enid and AstralDruid like this.

  5. #20
    fr
    Oct 2019
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    54
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Garrison View Post
    I just ordered the ML 600 bundle pack on Amazon going from a Bounty Hunter to this....
    Hi JG, similar situations, from somewhat 'toyish' detectors to the latest tech...

    in reality, folks seem to be still digging everything, so not sure what the new kit brings except more depth and sensitivity..?
    From what i can see (youtube) the numbers are all over the place and sounds can be misleading enough...
    Waterproof though.... hooray.

    Let's see ...

  6. #21
    us
    Oct 2009
    8,919
    8103 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    Hi JG, similar situations, from somewhat 'toyish' detectors to the latest tech...

    in reality, folks seem to be still digging everything, so not sure what the new kit brings except more depth and sensitivity..?
    From what i can see (youtube) the numbers are all over the place and sounds can be misleading enough...
    Waterproof though.... hooray.

    Let's see ...
    I suggest ignoring anything you see on youtube. Read the manual, do some testing, use it and form your own opinion. Too many read biased "reviews" and come away with un-real expectations or worries.
    AstralDruid likes this.

  7. #22

    Aug 2017
    SW MO
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
    595
    1327 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    Hi JG, similar situations, from somewhat 'toyish' detectors to the latest tech...

    in reality, folks seem to be still digging everything, so not sure what the new kit brings except more depth and sensitivity..?
    From what i can see (youtube) the numbers are all over the place and sounds can be misleading enough...
    Waterproof though.... hooray.

    Let's see ...

    Where it shines is where you can't dig everything..... from my limited experience.
    AstralDruid likes this.

  8. #23
    fr
    Oct 2019
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    54
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So it has arrived, finally. Equinox 600
    Plugged into PC, updated software in a minute flat..
    Registered with MineLab for warranty..
    Now it charges.
    Tomorrow the testing begins..
    So far so good, plastics do look a bit thin..

  9. #24
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    26,471
    28633 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    good Luck with the new machine!

  10. #25
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    14,562
    25749 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dig it all for now. Forget air testing it. You'll like it.

  11. #26
    fr
    Oct 2019
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    54
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    First session with Nox this morning, seem to be just digging deeper rubbish...
    But i will learn the machine quickly..
    I like Field 2 settings, good balance, worked out the ground balance and noise reduction, didn't bother with the threshold settings or the tones etc... yet
    One thing i have noticed, the coil is so sensitive, even a small contatct with a twig or shrub sends a false signal, a good one too, 23 or 25... is this normal ??
    As the days fly past will we lose our grasp, Or fuse it in the sun?

  12. #27
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9,843
    7574 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    First session with Nox this morning, seem to be just digging deeper rubbish...
    But i will learn the machine quickly..
    I like Field 2 settings, good balance, worked out the ground balance and noise reduction, didn't bother with the threshold settings or the tones etc... yet
    One thing i have noticed, the coil is so sensitive, even a small contatct with a twig or shrub sends a false signal, a good one too, 23 or 25... is this normal ??
    What sensitivity setting are you using? You may have to turn that down a bit.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

  13. #28
    fr
    Oct 2019
    Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter Equinox 600
    54
    92 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    What sensitivity setting are you using? You may have to turn that down a bit.
    Could be sensitivity, i suppose ,but had it turned down to approx halfway, whatever that is, still got a falsie with every slight knock, more noticable on the left side, strangely.

    In all honesty i find the Nox to be underwhelming so far... dodgy build, thin plastics, fussy settings, and now the coil with an exposed nerve..
    As the days fly past will we lose our grasp, Or fuse it in the sun?

  14. #29

    Mar 2018
    149
    209 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    AstralDruid,

    You can always touch bases with MineLab...Ask them about that "Exposed Nerve" aspect of the coil...(I.E. - Is this normal or is it just a setting related issue??)

    Got-Good-Tones
    Last edited by Got-Good-Tones; Nov 09, 2019 at 09:34 PM.

  15. #30

    Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil Equinox 600
    3,192
    9313 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstralDruid View Post
    Could be sensitivity, i suppose ,but had it turned down to approx halfway, whatever that is, still got a falsie with every slight knock, more noticable on the left side, strangely.

    In all honesty i find the Nox to be underwhelming so far... dodgy build, thin plastics, fussy settings, and now the coil with an exposed nerve..
    Give it time. Ok to stick with your Field2 mode, but you will need to put in a lot of time, truly 100 hours of swinging, until all of the little “falsing” tones are filtered out in your brain. The ACE250, was simple to use, but a good machine. Put in the time, and you will become a better detectorist with the Nox, but unfortunately you will probably find less stuff for the first few months if you have the same learning curve as I did.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Minelab EQUINOX 600 with FREE 6" Equinox smart coil until Jan 31st 2019!
    By Bart@Big Boys Hobbies in forum Independent Dealer Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Oct 15, 2019, 10:10 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jun 04, 2019, 10:45 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 17, 2018, 11:30 PM
  4. So excited!
    By SquidRow in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 18, 2017, 11:51 AM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0