Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??????
So, was excited for my delivery today. Just charged and having first test swing, the arm rest/ stand piece was a bit wobbly, turned the screw to tighten and it has now become stuck, the plastic tightening now spins and the screw remains unmoved, shorn. Always a bad move to mix cheap plastic with metal.. So i have a wobbly arm rest stand.
First call to Minelab in the morning..
Not good.:BangHead:

Upvote 0

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??????
So, was excited for my delivery today. Just charged and having first test swing, the arm rest/ stand piece was a bit wobbly, turned the screw to tighten and it has now become stuck, the plastic tightening now spins and the screw remains unmoved, shorn. Always a bad move to mix cheap plastic with metal.. So i have a wobbly arm rest stand.
First call to Minelab in the morning..
Not good.:BangHead:

They have some pretty nice ones on ebay for $29.00 free shipping.

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So,

Called Minelab europe,
expplained the problem, and a new arm rest/stand assembly is in the post..

Absolutely superb customer services...:icon_thumleft:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Cheap plastics. Watched a video of one guys arm cuff breaking off. Garrett had the same problem with their cuffs on the AT pro. They ended up making thicker ones that handle the stress way better. I would think minelab could make a stronger cuff. Especially when you’re in the surf with wave action. That’s where you need a durable cuff.

az46

Jul 1, 2017
Sonoran desert
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 , Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^^^The arm cuff doesn't sit flush on the shaft,so I tried shaving down the part where the screw goes in the arm cuff,which seemed to help some,but now the screw don't go all the way in the hole,I did tighten it pretty hard though.The stand fits perfectly,it's just the arm cuff that's given me problems

I emailed Minelab,but I think I should call instead?

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^The arm cuff doesn't sit flush on the shaft,so I tried shaving down the part where the screw goes in the arm cuff,which seemed to help some,but now the screw don't go all the way in the hole,I did tighten it pretty hard though.The stand fits perfectly,it's just the arm cuff that's given me problems

I emailed Minelab,but I think I should call instead?

Yeah, i would call them.
Wouldn't mention your attempts to 'make things fit'... they'll send you another.
I fastened mine in place with two cable ties, nice snug fit.. but a machine at his price point ...we really shouldn't even be discussing these things..
I also have a sensitive coil to sort out,, gives me a 20 -25 falsie with every twig on the deck...

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent service from Minelab europe, my new arm rest arrived already with a pretty nice, very nice, selection of goodies thrown in...
10/10 customer services :occasion14:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke my cuff and they sent me a new one really quickly and easily.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread