Going to Dominican Republic on Sunday...

crumpinator

Nov 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its going to depend on the airline. If they will let you pack it in your carryon, I''d do that so you always have it in hand. Most airlines will make you put it in your check luggage, so you have no option.

OP
OP
C

crumpinator

Nov 4, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its going to depend on the airline. If they will let you pack it in your carryon, I''d do that so you always have it in hand. Most airlines will make you put it in your check luggage, so you have no option.

I have an equinox 800, so would it be a problem since it is a lithium battery and cannot be removed from the housing?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that would be the problem. like I said, find out the airline policy for installed single lithium batteries. I've found confusing answers. Some say it must go in carryon, some say it must go in checked.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I brought my excal with battery off the stem in my carry on to Peru since I didn't want it lost. They never asked anything about it although I wanted to show my baby off lol. No different than a laptop really which people carry on all the time. I guess the not removable battery is slightly different but I've never had to take the battery out of my laptop so it is also not removable to me. .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread