Finally Got an Explorer SE .... HELP !!!!!!!

ivy_walls

Sep 1, 2006
Mishawaka Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE & Garrett Ace 250
ok heres the deal, i have been hunting for about a year and 3 month now with my ace 250. i have had pretty good luck with it but thouyght i would go all out now because i love metal detecting. this explorer is a lot DIFFERENT !!!!! i haver been using it on my lunch breaks and when ever possible and actually find some coins here and there in places i thought i hunted out, even found one of those presidential coins. heres my question .... can anyone give me some suggestion to make the transition a little easier to my new toy ????

Thanks

Mark (A.K.A. ivy_walls)

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hunt in the preset factory default settings to start. if the sounds are overwhelming you can set the sounds to "const" which will make all of the tones sound the same. i wouldn't use "const" too much though since you will want to learn the sounds eventually. after you read and re read the manual you can start to experiment with the different settings. take your time. i am still learning my SE, but it wasn't as hard to learn as some make it out to be, although it will take time to learn what all of the settings do. good luck with it. also...this site has been really helpful when i cant get an answer on this site. ;)..........

http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/index.php

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark,

Hollowpointred has it right. Use the presets and basic programs first. The emulator is great. The newest one let you add your own actual target sounds if you can. Also don,t be afraid to ask Explorer XS and Explorer II users if you see them. The old units are very similar and their knowledge can help.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread