First Time at the Digging In Virginia Hunt - DIV 46 - The Winter Camp of Cole's Hill

TheDirtKing

Mar 5, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Patriot
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Digging In Virginia metal detecting hunt was a different type of digging than I have ever done and I was swinging a machine I had never swung before, the Minelab GPX4800. I was digging with a group of guys that live there in Virginia and have been to multiple DIV events in the past so I leaned on them as my guides. DIV 46 was at the winter camp of Cole's Hill. It has been hunted over the years and 5 other DIV events have been held there but they are still finding some great items. I had an absolute blasts hanging out and hunting with 150 like minded individuals and hope to make it back for future events. Here are some pics of my finds at Cole's Hill and if you are interested in seeing my experience as a first timer there, check out the video in the link below.

74355635_10218081450721825_2805877288090992640_n.jpg

Upvote 1

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you did good. Those sites have been pounded.

OP
OP
TheDirtKing

TheDirtKing

Mar 5, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to attend that venue with those awesome CW finds. Good luck!

I would love to go back and experience some of the other sites they have secured over the years... surrounded by history

OP
OP
TheDirtKing

TheDirtKing

Mar 5, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Patriot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, you did good. Those sites have been pounded.

Thanks, first time swinging that GPX too, it was very different trying to learn it on the fly but I had some good teachers there. I am happy with what I came up with ... nice little box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread