FISHERS

E.Fischer

Oct 20, 2019
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning, my wife received her Christmas gift by way of Purolator.
Got her a "NEW" FISHER F22. But to our astonishment there was No elbow velcro strap included..?
Is Fisher getting that cheap that they don't include a strap with the detector and is considered an extra item..?
Times must be tough..? The F22 cost me over $300CDN
I eMailed FISHER earlier, waiting for a response from them.
To think that I purchased a White's TreasurePro for myself this year and it came with a strap at no charge.
Any comments?

Upvote 0

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah strange they don’t do that. My sister had bought one last yr and was sent without a strap also.

OP
OP
E

E.Fischer

Oct 20, 2019
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sucks when now I have to spent $20 for the strap, $15 for S/H, currency rate exchange plus Canadian Duty Tax.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yeah bummer. Don’t know why they leave it out. It’s a necessary part to a detector.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F22 doesnt really need a strap, it super light and the cup seems to hug pretty good, I don't have one but a friend of mine let me swing his around, just my 2 cents...

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if Fisher isn't including a strap with the detector....shame on them because it's only a piece of cloth. How much does a piece of cloth affect their bottom line? Maybe a better choice for about the same money would have been a Garrett Ace 400. You get the strap plus you get a coil cover and a set of headphones and it's a good detector. Just my opinion.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I tired swinging my sisters with no strap and it just didnt feel normal. When you’re digging at the beach with a scoop you want the detector to be strapped to your arm. When you retrieve your finds from the scoop you want to be able to use both hands while the detector remains on your arm so you don’t have to put it down to grab your finds.

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My f70 didn’t come with a strap. I don’t like using them anyways. But yeah don’t really advertise it doesn’t come with it as I did originally look for it to put it on if there is ever a reason I wantEd too. The cuff is pretty good though and it stays in place without any issues on my arm.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine also did not come with a strap and after I upgraded to a metal detector that did have a strap I couldn't go back. It is true it is very light but that extra bit of stability is nice.

I'm curious to see if you have any issues with yours as I had 2 units that both had issues. The first one went bad after the first light rain. (btw - In is in the manual but not very obvious that you can not use headphones in the rain.) There is no mention of this on the box or any advertisements that I could find. It was the last line of page 20 of the manual!

The second issue I had was both units the pinpoint button comes undone or loose and failed to work. I really liked the iron audio and large vdi but Whites support is the best!

Also I have used both Fishers support and Whites and Fishers wanted me to work with the online dealer for issues in the first 60-90 days(which I was new to the hobby and bought from Amazon) luckily it worked out.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been swinging fisher machines for the past 5 years and do not think a strap is required due to how balanced the detectors are. The only machine that I needed a strap for was my older whites machine. The detector specifications/data on sites does not list a cuff strap as included. What are you expecting Fisher to do?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sucks when now I have to spent $20 for the strap, $15 for S/H, currency rate exchange plus Canadian Duty Tax.

You should be able to find a piece of velcro at your local sporting goods or other likely store a lot cheaper than that. I see velcro straps on just about everything these days from surf board leashes to wrist/leg supports to ball caps.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If you’re digging at the beach with a scoop, you need a strap other was you’re leaning it against you while you take your goodies out of the scoop or you’re putting it on the ground. Too awkward without a strap at the beach. Maybe in the park when you bend down to dig a plug, you have to put the detector down anyway.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yikes, is that strap woven with 24k gold thread?

If the F22 was advertised to have a strap, then you should get a strap. If not, then there's no foul. Some hunters use them (I do), some don't.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I must wonder if Fisher really thinks the low cost of including a strap far outweighs the negative customer relations such penny pinching causes. Bad business model in my opinion.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Fleabay White's arm straps for $4.85 free shipping. The White's strap is the same size and every bit as good as the Fisher strap.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never have used a elbow strap other than for padding. But then I don't hunt more than 2 hours at a time usually.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all my Fisher CZ21s came with straps - but needed because they are water machines

OP
OP
E

E.Fischer

Oct 20, 2019
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for all your kind replies, comments about the non strap on the new FISHER F22 metal detector.
Well appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread