Does this seem legit?

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could ask for the detector's serial number and contact Garrett to see if they manufactured that unit.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than what SD51 said, that is a good price.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check with the Sponsor Dealers here on the forum. Many offer used machines!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys I’m 13 and I’m looking for a cheap but good metal detector. I found this used Garrett Ace 150 used for 70$ on Mercari. Does this seem legit and a good deal?

If it's genuine, you probably can't get hurt buying it. You'll probably outgrow it in a month, or until you find enough treasure to buy a better machine......whichever comes first! :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you would be ok to buy it. I also agree with Terry some good dealers of metal detecters on here which would also talk with you and help you with the best one for you. Good luck Tommy

YooperDaddy80

Greenie
Oct 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the ace 150 is an excellent choice, my family,wife and kids just got into detecting last year and we bought a used 150 as our first machine. We have a 400 now and i think the 150 has found just as much of the good stuff! The ace machines are great for coins and the smaller coil on the 150 is better in trashy areas and easier to swing. the 150 will find more hot rocks it doesnt have a learning curve though you can pretty much turn it on and go.

you'll want a good digging tool also, we have a couple shorty shovels ,one flexes alot and you have to use care not to break it, plastic handle and flimsy thin shovel head, it is fairly light weight. Our other shovel is all metal and 5x stronger its just a better tool all around and doesnt weight much more. Garage sales are a great place to find diggers

OP
OP
Coinboy

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: I just bought myself the Garrett Ace 200 off of Kellyco with some help from my dad! Thanks Everyone!

whistler84

Jun 9, 2015
BEAN FIELD ,IL
Detector(s) used
Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out with an ace150 about 5 yrs ago. Its a great machine, it payed for itself with a cast iron woodestove door i put on ebay touched up and painted. Paid for itslf right there.

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, and happy hunting! Keep us posted on your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread