Digging Tools

P

Pugsley6485

Another question,
Is there a better tool out there thats better then your regular garden shovel? I have been using the garden shovel but it does not seem to get through grass, and it normally takes a while to get down past the roots of the grass. Is there a way I can modify my little shovel or what? Any ideas are helpfull. I have a very wide range of tools where I live that I can use to modify it. Help is wonderfull and picks are even better.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
visit kellyco for a good digger, or, ebay!

that garden shovel you're using will break after a few hard days use.

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
P

Pugsley6485

Already broke one there lonewolfe. The one I'm using now is my second one so far, but I'll definitly check the E-bay store. TY

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
Google search "predator tools" and look at their digging tool.These tools are made by George Lesche and they will not break.The BEST! I use their small trowel,the Raptor,and one of their big shovels.

TOWcritter

I bought a neat little digger a couple of weeks ago. It's called a "U-DIG-IT". It folds in half and has a belt sheath that it fits into. Folded it's about 4 1/4 inches and extended it's about 8 3/8 inches. Stainless steel (won't rust). I thought that it would be a hassle to take it out and put it away all the time but I just carry it while I'm detecting because it's really light. $16.00 Google it. Great tool.

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I put some notches on both sides of my walmart trowel with a thin grinder and then sharpened it all the way around, it works okay and quite sturdy, cost me about $4.00. I bought a "land shark" can't remember the brand, off of eBay for about $12.00 and it's awesome, has a rounded tip with notches on the sides and very sturdy. And as I'm sure you will hear Lesche is prolly the best, I just didn't like the look of where the handle meets the blade. Happy Hunting. Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread