I used to have a Whites Spectrum XLT, Now Im back into the hobby... - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: I used to have a Whites Spectrum XLT, Now Im back into the hobby...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    16295 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by red83hd View Post
    nice finds casper - I found a beautiful 1774 1/2 reales and a nice 1804 1/2 cent among other treasures with the XLT
    Those are just some quick examples of XLT "small" finds - I have found over 6 1/2 dimes with it - over 6 1/2 reales with it - 3 = 3 centers other small foreign coins and
    over 6 small cut pieces of spanish silver - all from spots others deem "cleaned out" - hit 100s of times by at least 20 guys I know ( sure many others i dont know)-
    it loves the small silver - just got to go low and slow with the XLT
    Diggitdaddy likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Scotty

Feb 2020
    Florida
    Nokta Impact Pro

Spectrum xlt

Quote Originally Posted by red83hd View Post
    I purchase a Whites Spectrum Xlt in 1998 I absolutely loved that machine and found many great coins, jewelry, and relics. Unfortunately in 2001 I had many health issues and thought detecting was over for me so I sold my XLT. Now I'm getting back into the hobby and I want a machine that is as great as my XLT was. I'm thinking about sticking with Whites because of how great they were and am looking at the Spectra V3i. Would you guys and gals out there tell me if it is just as great if not better than the Xlt. I know everyone has their favorite manufacturers. I won a minilab Eureka gold at a Gold show so I have that to prospect with(which I'm considering selling) just looking to get a high end detector for coins and jewelry. I would like to hear your thoughts on it, Also does anyone know if Whites is planning to replace the V3i anytime soon?

I have one in literal new condition not even a scuff on the original coil. I am selling.

Jul 2006
    Jamestown, NY
    White's XLT
    6 times
    I have been using my XLT steadily since 2005, and I bought it used then, lol. 1000's of hours, every type of weather. I have fallen several times... it has dents, scratches, etc. 100's of silver coins, 1000's of wheats/Indians. It is a beast, and for my experience, virtually indestructible. I have an old E series, but got an even older Spectrum series, and my GF uses it. I have been hunting the same custom program for over a decade. I know it is "old tech", but for me, my knowledge of the machine far surpasses the benefits of the bells & whistles of a "modern" machine. I've never felt the need to get anything new. I say if you felt a connection with the XLT, pick one up on Ebay for fairly cheap.
    Diggitdaddy likes this.

us
    Wingding

May 2019
    Pennsylvania- U.P Michigan- Montana
    First 1964 Relco- White's Coinmaster 4 - White's Eagle SL - Garrett 2500- Minelab GP Extreme- Minelab Safari
    10 times
    Well.... I have had white's [Eagle II SL] Garrett GTI 2500] [Minelab GPX] and then I got a Deus XP...

And... by far... I like the Deus XP.. It has so much in the way of programming for and beats any other machine other then the GPX for gold... Deeper and more consistent. programming has a lot to do with that... And you dont need to be a computer genus to do that...Im proof of that.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    16295 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by wingding View Post
    Well.... I have had white's [Eagle II SL] Garrett GTI 2500] [Minelab GPX] and then I got a Deus XP...

And... by far... I like the Deus XP.. It has so much in the way of programming for and beats any other machine other then the GPX for gold... Deeper and more consistent. programming has a lot to do with that... And you dont need to be a computer genus to do that...Im proof of that.
    Ive hunted with a handful of guys using Deus's and they have made some nice finds - but I also went to spots they hit and found stuff they missed using my XLT
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Mar 2020
    Omaha
    White DFX, Fisher F4
    10 times
    Hello, great post. Yea I hunt with a White DFX. Have tried other detectors but they seem lightweight and cheap to me. Whites are the Snap-On tools of the detector industry lol IMHO. Will probably never move on to another detector, took me 3 years to figure out the ins and outs of the White, and no matter what new technology there is, its the skill of the hunter that really does it. Luck is second. My next detector will be the V3i !

us
    Mar 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
    1020 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    DFX. I used to have an XLT rainbow model and used it for 15 years. DFX is an upgrade in my opinion. I use mine in 15khz with my own custom program, with mixed mode. It is awesome for gold jewelry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links