I used to have a Whites Spectrum XLT, Now Im back into the hobby...

red83hd

Dec 22, 2019
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchase a Whites Spectrum Xlt in 1998 I absolutely loved that machine and found many great coins, jewelry, and relics. Unfortunately in 2001 I had many health issues and thought detecting was over for me so I sold my XLT. Now I'm getting back into the hobby and I want a machine that is as great as my XLT was. I'm thinking about sticking with Whites because of how great they were and am looking at the Spectra V3i. Would you guys and gals out there tell me if it is just as great if not better than the Xlt. I know everyone has their favorite manufacturers. I won a minilab Eureka gold at a Gold show so I have that to prospect with(which I'm considering selling) just looking to get a high end detector for coins and jewelry. I would like to hear your thoughts on it, Also does anyone know if Whites is planning to replace the V3i anytime soon?

Upvote 0

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, great post. Yea I hunt with a White DFX. Have tried other detectors but they seem lightweight and cheap to me. Whites are the Snap-On tools of the detector industry lol IMHO. Will probably never move on to another detector, took me 3 years to figure out the ins and outs of the White, and no matter what new technology there is, its the skill of the hunter that really does it. Luck is second. My next detector will be the V3i !

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX. I used to have an XLT rainbow model and used it for 15 years. DFX is an upgrade in my opinion. I use mine in 15khz with my own custom program, with mixed mode. It is awesome for gold jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread