cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much of the reason for that is the AT Pro is old technology. Not a bad detector, but, there are better choices for about the same price. Take a look at the Equinox. Much more bang for the buck.

OP
OP
D

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Much of the reason for that is the AT Pro is old technology. Not a bad detector, but, there are better choices for about the same price. Take a look at the Equinox. Much more bang for the buck.

Thank you. The Equinox 800 lists some nice features.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently use a Whites M6 and I've been looking at the Garrett At Pro. Unfortunately all the review comparisons I can find are from about a decade back. I don't have much confidence in Amazon reviews. My routine is whatever I can find in the local parks but I would like to checkout some shallow creeks and under a few old bridges.

I used to have a White's M6 and it was a good detector. I found a boatload of coins with it including silver coins, tons of clad, sterling silver jewelry, and old coppers. It gets the job done. Then I won an AT Pro at a seeded hunt and started using it instead of the M6 and quite frankly I liked the Pro better than the M6. Easy to learn, lighter weight, long battery life, and like the M6, found a lot of the good stuff with it. I eventually sold the M6 and now use the Pro. You won't go wrong with the Pro and currently Garrett is offering a free Propointer with purchase of an AT Pro.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to have a White's M6 and it was a good detector. I found a boatload of coins with it including silver coins, tons of clad, sterling silver jewelry, and old coppers. It gets the job done. Then I won an AT Pro at a seeded hunt and started using it instead of the M6 and quite frankly I liked the Pro better than the M6. Easy to learn, lighter weight, long battery life, and like the M6, found a lot of the good stuff with it. I eventually sold the M6 and now use the Pro. You won't go wrong with the Pro and currently Garrett is offering a free Propointer with purchase of an AT Pro.

I bought my M-6 10 years ago and it has paid for itself time and time again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread