Help me with my Minelab Quattro

grt

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the difference between coin mode and coin & jewerly? In what mode I get more depth? I cannot use all metal mode because it's a mess, I get signals everywhere. I'm used to coin mode (have a lot of finds with this mode) but I'm curious what's the difference between coin mode and the coin & jewerly? Thanks a lot

Also I only hunt on fields

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bigdob

Aug 1, 2016
IL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a guess, discrimination?
Coin and jewelry would be more open.
I do a lot of field hunting and as there is no trash I run my CTX pretty much wide open
Compare the discrimination between the two if you can
BD

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

OP
OP
G

grt

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you guys. I'm from Europe (we have some pretty good places to hunt here). I had some great success with the coin mode, the Quattro is amazing if you get to know it, it's only acting weird the first week you buy it :laughing9:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hunt in all metal simply dial back your sensitivity a bit and the chatter should die down to an acceptable level. Sometimes even with the sensitivity a little lower all metal will be deeper.

OP
OP
G

grt

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But I don't have the desire to dig iron and trash (it slows down my pace cuz I have to dig every 2 meters for junk). With the coin mode 90% of the finds are goodies and it goes deep. Found a lot of tiny items at 25-30cm. I was curious if the coin & jewerly mode is better suited for field hunting or not?

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin AND jewelry is simply a lower level of discrimination, more items will be “let in”. As conductivity of a target goes down, the discrimination needs to be more open so as to pick those things up as well as coins and other high conductors. If you used “Relic” this would be even less discrimination used, and “All Metal” has no discrimination applied. Give that manual a read a few times, it’s online.

OP
OP
G

grt

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions