Considering a new pinpointer what do you recommned? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Considering a new pinpointer what do you recommned?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2007
    CT
    Whites MXT, DetectorPro HH Underwater
    1377 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I've had a few cheap ones and a Whites pp II. Finally got a Garrett Carrot. Not disappointed.
    Bum Luck likes this.
    Oldest Coin Finds to Date
    1737-1760 KGII Hibernia Half Cent ('10)
    1787 Fugio Large Cent ('15)
    1869 Two Cent ('09)
    1867-1883 Variety I Sheild Nickel ('09)
    1900 Barber Dime ('13)
    1929 Standing Liberty Quarter ('17)
    1944 Walking Liberty Half Dollar ('09)

us
    May 2008
    Wisconsin
    Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
    1269 times
    Carrot by Garrett.

I lost mine and bought another, so now have 2. No problem, one stays on the ATV.

Single button, intuitive (even for me), waterproof, adjustable range in a jiffy, it just works. Always.
    "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ó Friedrich Nietzsche

"You ask where I live. I cannot tell you. I am a Voyageur, a Chicot, sir. I live everywhere. My grandfather was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. My father was a voyageur; he died while on a voyage. I will also die while en route, and another Chicot will take my place. Such is our course of life."

us
    Sep 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy) Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
    127 times
    I really like my Nokta pointer. It is waterproof and comes with a ton of great accessories.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9049 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    [QUOTE=Ziggy-Grimm;6424268]As an avid Minelab fan; stay the hell away from the Minelab Pro-Find series (I have the 15):

-The button sucks
    -The speaker sucks (clogs super easy with mud)
    -It's not loud enough
    -It doesn't vibrate

I'd seriously rather have a cheap Chinese Garrett knock-off than that thing.

Just so others don't get the wrong idea.......the Minelab Pro Find 35 IS waterproof (to 10 feet) and it does vibrate. For that reason and price, I would recommend it over the Pro Find 15 also.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
    163 times
    Metal Detecting
    So, update, I bought a new minelab equinox 800 and got the whole package, shovel, bag, hat you know. So the Pinpointer was a Minelab 35 waterproof pp. Used it twice. Both times it starting acting up. It beeped uncontrollably. Brought it back, they gave me another. It worked great for about 20 minutes in the mud. Then it started beeping unnecessarily, then started turning off by itself. Nothing worse that looking in a hole and realizing your pinpointer is off. Thought it was me. Carefully tried again, changed batteries, tightened and loosened cap....nothing improved. Brought it back. Shopkeeper gave me 2 choices. Garrett Carrot or Whites TRX. Took the TRX. Love it. Works fine. Like many of the features. And would recomment the TRX to anyone buying a pinpointer.

us
    Jul 2012
    Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
    Fisher f75 Teknetics Omega 8000 (Coming soon) Minelab Equinox 800 Have owned Minela b Safari and X terra 705
    1284 times
    All -- esp.Colonial
    Since getting the XP Mi6 itís now all Iím using.

us
    Feb 2020
    Eastern Ohio
    XP Deus * Minelab E-Trac
    761 times
    Metal Detecting
    I had 3 or 4 of the original black Garrett pin pointers - they were very good - but the on - off buttons fell out on a few of them.

The newer Orange - AT Pro Pointer is much better - I have had two of them since they came out - work great - no problems.
    The AT Pro Pointer "Garrett Carrot" has a much better on - off button - multiple settings and is waterproof.
    Maybe it's just me - but I like the fact that my pin pointer is not linked to my detector.
    You can't go wrong with one of these pin pointers !

Good Hunting !
    XP Deus * 9" LF & X35 Coils * Deteknix Headphones
    Minelab E-Trac * 5" - 4.5" x 7" - Stealth X-8 Coils * Killer B + Gray Ghost Headphones

1724 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1736 - K.G. Half Penny *** 1783 - Half Real *** 1787 - Connecticut Copper
    1817 - Large Cent *** 1829 - Capped Bust Dime *** 1837 - Capped Bust Half Dime *** 1852 - Three Cent *** 1857 - Flying Eagle Cent *** 1865 - Two Cent *** 1872 - Shield Nickel *** 1877 - Seated Quarter

us
    Relic Recoverist

Jun 2015
    BEAN FIELD ,IL
    Whites MX-7 / Nokta Simplex+
    269 times
    I have cycled thru a few over the years. Black garret, carrot, trx bullseye, china carrot, nokta pointer, and the trx.
    They all have performed well. I gotta say, thru it all. The trx is likely my go to,for a pinpointer. I like the fact, its just the tip that sounds off. Alot of butting heads on the waterproofness, so just for my sake, wrapped surgical tape over the speaker hole, and greased both the light housing, button, and cap. It goes alot deeper than the advertised 10 ft. Ive had mine to 25ft roughly, only once tho. Was taking a scuba class atbthe time

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    4594 times
    All of the Garrett's can be detuned for just the tip that detects very simply by pushing the button. It is amazing to me that so many folks that already own a Garrett don't know this.
    Can the trx be tuned to do what the carrot does or is it ONLY the tip? If so, wouldn't the Garrett be superior? Is the trx cheaper?

us
    Mr.

Jan 2020
    Near Ann Arbor Michigan
    Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
    163 times
    Metal Detecting
    TRX is more i believe. about 20 bucks. 145 ish I believe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links