OP
OP
G

gobblesandgrunts

Dec 29, 2019
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I'm going to, if we are lucky enough to find some stuff lol taking friend who has been hunting a long time to show me how it's done haha this will be my first true time hunting

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your time, go slow and dig the iffy signals! Around an old farm you'll probably be worn out digging all the stuff you'll find, but you'll find some cool stuff...being a family farm, you'll be finding yourself contemplating the history...the whos, whens, hows, and whys! Good luck!

OP
OP
G

gobblesandgrunts

Dec 29, 2019
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your time, go slow and dig the iffy signals! Around an old farm you'll probably be worn out digging all the stuff you'll find, but you'll find some cool stuff...being a family farm, you'll be finding yourself contemplating the history...the whos, whens, hows, and whys! Good luck!
Well there were wayyyyyy too many iffy signals. Trash everywhere around the house. 3 hours hunting and found what looks like some type of hook. I'll post a picture. A bullet, old but not civil war old, various things probably from a tractor, the rest was old pieces of iron and scrap. Went to the house and there were an old iron ring we found, possibly from an old wagon maybe. I'll list a picture of that too. But the rest around the house sounded like a beat box machine every 3 in. Random old pieces of iron or metal everywhere. Couldn't did it all in a month. Feel pretty down but gonna try it again some other time

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting around ANY old home or barn is a struggle, especially old farms. They would typically have a trash pit (a big hole dug two-three feet where they would throw trash and garbage, then burn it when I got full, followed by burying the remains and digging another pit. Over time, a lot of that stuff gets dispersed around the rest of the yard.
When you go back, concentrate on where people likely entered and exited the house and buildings. Area's between and in parking area's (cars or horse & buggy), and into the buildings. Look for the largest trees (or evidence of where they were) and search all around them. Before air conditioning, this is where people would hang out to catch a breeze and stay in the shade for comfort.
My buddy and I hunted an 1850's farmhouse this summer, and never got out of the front yard from between the front porch and the road, which was only a 50' x 50' area. Dug every signal in a 5 hour period. Had a pile of trash, but had these as well:
IMG_20190828_101756155.jpg

IMG_20190828_102023125.jpg

Both of these had trash with them, or near enough to them, where signals were interfering. Sometimes, you got to get the trash removed to find the treasure!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gobblesandgrunts

Dec 29, 2019
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting around ANY old home or barn is a struggle, especially old farms. They would typically have a trash pit (a big hole dug two-three feet where they would throw trash and garbage, then burn it when I got full, followed by burying the remains and digging another pit. Over time, a lot of that stuff gets dispersed around the rest of the yard.
When you go back, concentrate on where people likely entered and exited the house and buildings. Area's between and in parking area's (cars or horse & buggy), and into the buildings. Look for the largest trees (or evidence of where they were) and search all around them. Before air conditioning, this is where people would hang out to catch a breeze and stay in the shade for comfort.
My buddy and I hunted an 1850's farmhouse this summer, and never got out of the front yard from between the front porch and the road, which was only a 50' x 50' area. Dug every signal in a 5 hour period. Had a pile of trash, but had these as well:
View attachment 1792219

View attachment 1792220

Both of these had trash with them, or near enough to them, where signals were interfering. Sometimes, you got to get the trash removed to find the treasure!
I plan to dig it, just gonna take a while lol hopefully I'll find some of those!!!

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to dig it, just gonna take a while lol hopefully I'll find some of those!!!

Hey cousin,..... don't forget, we talked about sifting too.

Get over to the hardware store and pick up what you need to sift.
Make up a sift, nothing fancy, just get it done.

Drag it, a couple of buckets, a shovel, and your instincts back to that site.

"Then", you'll have some nice stuff to photograph and post,.......

Now go and get to it.

I want to see some cool old stuff.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tear it up! Looking forward to what you find:icon_thumleft:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time you remove those trashy pieces,you take away the problem of having to work around them on your next hunt. Each hunt should be easier to find the good stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread