NEED TO IDENTIFY AND ANY ADVICE AU/PL NUGGET GOLD/PLATINUM/COPPER

blueridge23

Jan 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'VE FOUND MANY OUNCES OF THESE MIXED NUGGETS ON A BEACH IN CALIFORNIA WITH MY METAL DETECTOR. THIS BEACH HAS SERPENTINE BREAKING DOWN EVERYWHERE.

I HAD IT ANALYZED AND I HAVE INCLUDED THE RESULTS IN THIS POST.

I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH THESE NUGGETS, OR IF THEY'RE EVEN NATURAL, OR POSSIBLY A SPILL???

THIS ONE IS ABOUT 20 OZ'S.

WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?

CAN I SEPARATE THE PGM'S FROM THE GOLD?

Attachments

• results.jpg
    results.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 165
  • CLAY.jpg
    CLAY.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

blueridge23

Jan 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tested how?
I did the atomic absorption assay to determine the contents. I feel like I know what I have but have no idea what to do with it.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blueridge,

Your assay report is dated 2015, hopefully you picked up all the nuggets back then. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

OP
OP
B

blueridge23

Jan 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Walt,

There's plenty more there.
I just want to see if I can turn them into profit before collecting more.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
You should take your questions to a precious metals recovery or refining forum. There are several. Most of what you will get here will be guesses and opinion, not fact or experience.

That said, I have never seen, or heard of, natural specimens with numbers similar to those in your report.

Time for more coffee.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all the samples have that mix, I'd get a quote on how much it cost to smelt and separate the metals, get a total weight of all your samples, and then figure if it's worthwhile or not.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see. 20 oz at 39.6 percent gold is about 8 oz of gold times $1500 per oz = $12,000 in your one nugget you had analyzed and you're asking if it's worth picking up? Am I missing something? The second picture looks like melted aluminum cans from a beach campfire. That's where the money is. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread