Upvote 0

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon is a relic depth monster but I'm curious what machine are you currently using that you think isn't giving you enough depth?

OP
OP
villival

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
I am using a Garrett 250 with a new 11 inch coil. I am getting depth, but I live on a four acre farm. The area has been settled since the 1700's and I am on a state highway. I have found one crusty IHP and some toasted clad. It's totally confusing, as I also found a very old handmade silver ring and tons of hand forged black iron.

I am sure there must be some older coins but I am not finding them. It just doesn't make sense that on four acres I wouldn't find more than one old coin. There was a very old home next to my property that was razed over 70 years ago and there were many parties there. Someone must have had a drink or two, wandered over a few yards and lost a coin.

I used to use a Bounty Hunter when I first started years ago. I have found tons and tons of unique items over the years, including wheaties which I LOVE but have never, not once, found a silver coin. Weird.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Villival, please be aware since you are not a charter member only charter members can reply with ok offer to sell a detector, there always has to be a charter member in a sale or trade.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can find one, get a Tejon. I've 6 or 7 different detectors = CTX, EQ800, etc......

My detector of choice is the Tejon........

It is what it is...

OP
OP
villival

villival

Mar 18, 2013
Southern Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (Ophelia), Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh. My bad. I've never been great at reading terms and conditions. Thank you for the heads up about sales and charter members.

I'm not bothered about not finding silvers. I am bothered by the puzzlement of why. I've detected so many different places and put in so many hours. And found boatloads of old stuff. Detected to my heart's content an old 1800's plantation where I worked part time as a waitress. Found amazing old things. But, no old coins. It's just baffling is all.

I could buy a new one, but I kind of wanted to test with a machine like that, just to see what was up. An experiment in the field, so to speak. I generally don't buy new cars either.

Anyway, thank you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post deleted, only Charter Member can offer detector to sell since Villival is not a Charter member, per TreasureNet rules there must always be a charter member involved in any sale or trade..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread