Sent my F22 Back. Trying to figure out which one to get.

CDucote

Jan 15, 2020
Deville, Louisiana Rapides Parish
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After trying the Fisher F22 for about a week i decided to return it. It wouldnt pick up a silver dime past 4 inches on max. It did really good on deep iron but i am hunting for coins. Thinking about a Nokta Simplex, any thoughts? I dont want to go out of the $300 price range, and am using a bunch of Amazon Gift cards so it has to come from there.

Upvote 0

hbrown66

Mar 25, 2013
taylorville,IL
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox
minelab e trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the money you cant go wrong..
It's the best detector on the market in that price range..

gobblesandgrunts

Dec 29, 2019
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After trying the Fisher F22 for about a week i decided to return it. It wouldnt pick up a silver dime past 4 inches on max. It did really good on deep iron but i am hunting for coins. Thinking about a Nokta Simplex, any thoughts? I dont want to go out of the $300 price range, and am using a bunch of Amazon Gift cards so it has to come from there.
I love mine and I'm a beginner at best lol pretty accurate so far

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think for the money the Simplex is the only way to go!

I had the F22 for years and it was a OK machine for tooling around the tot lots and parks but you are correct it is not a deep machine (I am a little surprised at 4" though) also had quality issue's with both units I had.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Simplex. It will be here Friday. I cant wait!

What will you do when the Rechargeable Batteries will no longer charge? I believe I read they are built-in and not user replaceable.

I suppose one could always use a Power Bank attached to the charge cable if necessary but, no longer waterproof.

I am still pondering over buying this or a backup Land Ranger Pro (if it were waterproof there would be no question which one I would buy).

OP
OP
CDucote

CDucote

Jan 15, 2020
Deville, Louisiana Rapides Parish
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive, Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure i will cross that bridge when it gets here. I have replaced batteries in I phones and those are not user replaceable either. So i figure when it comes time, I will prob be able to find a battery and replace it, or it will be time for an upgrade anyway.

Diggin' History

Jan 27, 2020
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, DR.OTEK MT-XR, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, a GP Pointer Handheld Pinpointer, and a GUZI Waterproof Handheld Pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figure i will cross that bridge when it gets here. I have replaced batteries in I phones and those are not user replaceable either. So i figure when it comes time, I will prob be able to find a battery and replace it, or it will be time for an upgrade anyway.

I'm gonna order my Simplex tomorrow and it should be here by Thursday if there is no backorder for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread