Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually avoid food when hunting. The only way for me to cut down on calories and not even notice it. Water of course.
Burdie

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I think this is one of the first times I bump up an older post...............I simply bring a bottle of soda to drink as I get thirsty. When I'm hunting, I only stop briefly to stretch my arm or light a cigarette. I cannot or do not have the discipline to stop for 10 minutes to eat. I've cut a hunt in 1/2 to stop at a deli and eat, but I make it a point to eat before I start the hunt. By the time I am done, I am hungry as hell, but at that point the hunt is over and I can eat peacefully. Yeah, I am addict to this.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
I like an Italian-inspired picnic with Pan Bagna
(a whole-meal sandwich stuffed with cured
meats, cheese, and vegetables, and drenched
in vinaigrette). I accompany it with baby artichokes
and finish off with Tiramisu.

Or I take along a beautiful Salad Nicoise with a crisp
baguette and an Apricot Frangipane Tart.

Perhaps Greek-style wraps with tzaziki, served with
stewed green beans and a tray of baklava?

And don't forget something good to drink, whether it's
a cold bottle of summery white wine, a flavored iced tea
or a special fruit punch.

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

Hey, I think I will tag along with SHERMANVILLE on his next hunt, just for the good chow. LOL ;D

Ray S

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
I take water, tea, diet coke and a couple ice cold beers. I always have a good breakfast before so I'm good to go. I just really enjoy having a cold one sitting on the tailgate at the end of the hunt. It's the whole experience that I enjoy. I usually hunt old homesteads in the woods, so It's just me out there.

B

BIG61AL

Two bottles of water in summer on a 2 to 3 hour hunt. All day hunt 4 bottles of water perhaps a few candy bars or bagged snacks. I really want to spend my time digging up treasure I can always eat when i get back home.

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
A good breakfast first, then MASSIVE amounts of coffee on the way to the hunt, and during the first hour or so. Then when I'm done hunting, massive amounts of watered down "Turkey Hill diet green tea". lol.
I think only the PA. guys will know what that is!

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
I like a lite meal of treebark and moss and sometimes a possum or creek rat.
acorns and ants for flavor. and if I got the time raccoon pie.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Every thing sounds good thats been listed here as I have a very flexible menu. Meat and Taters mostly. While detecting or digging outhouses you might want to kinda stick to foods that have some kind of a wrapper or stick on em' as you won't have a way to wash your hands usually. You will discover new tastes and flavors even on familiar foods.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Thermos can of pure black coffee, some mars bars or twix, and some of those health nut and wheat bars

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsyheart said:
Peaches...I like peaches and water to wash it down with
Well Gypsy I also like to take along peaches when I detect....but my peaches are in the form of.......Homemade Peach Preserves....yum yum...I always keep a jar in the vehicle....Whenever the urge strikes I open that jar and generously slather on whatever is readily available.....usually a biscuit.....and chow down...I will send you a jar....try it you'll like it!

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I haven't done an all day hunt yet. I usually eat before I leave. Once I get to hunting I'm so consumed I forget everything else. I have carried a soda with me but forgot to drink it until after the hunt. When hot weather gets here I'll carry several bottles of water.

When I get to do an all day hunt I'll probably just carry some candy bars & packaged crackers along with soda's and water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread