Pennsylvania Railroad Pin

toorude89

Jul 2, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit an elementary school built in the 1920’s over the weekend. AT Pro was jumping all over the place. Couldn’t get it to stop chattering and started to get discouraged. I thought the land was old, but looked like most of it had been turned over or filled with rock and minerals in development of playgrounds and additions over the years.

Moved to some higher ground where the baseball fields were and was content to at least start picking up some clad. It was cold and windy on the plateau. And wet from the heavy rain a day before. Got a really solid signal and thought I might have my first silver of the year (and in years). Pulled this pin and was a little disappointed. Figured it was nothing. Did a lazy google search and came up snake-eyes. Even thought about chucking it before it crossed my mind to scan it with my Amazon app. Sure enough, 2 Pennsylvania Railroad items on there with this logo. Checked Wikipedia and found out it operated as PRR from 1846-1968. Maybe there was some old dirt still there out behind the elementary school.

Here I thought I got skunked with nothing to show for my trouble but some kindergartener’s school pin and a wet pair of socks in muddy boots. Forgot that you never know what you might find. And finding out what you found, and the history behind it, is a small treasure all its own.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580434943.053260.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1580434964.667104.jpg

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I love anything RR related good you researched before you tossed it. Try turning up your disc a little get rid of some of the chatter. Great post. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread