Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to detect there back in the early 80's and did well. I imagine things have changed but the best finds came from rain runoff erosion ditches cut in the sand in back of the big motels. Sometimes these were 5 feet wide, 10 feet deep, and 30 feet long. I found some gold rings in the sides of those ditches, never anything in the bottom.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Slingshot .Looking for someone who lives & detects there.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've detected DB and the environs numerous times over the years and found many nice pieces. However, finds have been sparse recently as temperatures have discouraged large numbers of depositors from going to the beach and we haven't had the erosion we would like to see. DB also gets hit hard and regularly by a growing number of "scavengers." Still, it's a great place to try your hand.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dan... 006.JPG ...
Wide shot >> 005.JPG

Last edited:

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you want your more expensive rings, hit the expensive hotels north of the pier.

Sheepdog43338

Oct 22, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Excalibur II,,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In july I was down there scuba diving and one afternoon I went detecting out in the water from 5 ft deep to where only my snorkel was about the water. I had my Excal 1000 and my wife was in water 3 to 5 feet with an Equinox 800. We did well, but my wife hit a banger. A platinum diamond ring,,,,Unmarked,,,We have a great track record for returning identifiable rings and phones and such. We did put a couple post up asking if you lost a nice ring in the water send us a picture or very accurate description. We got only a couple responses for gold rings, but nothing for platinum,,,,,,my wife found it and claimed it.LOL All in all we got about 10 bucks in clad, a 925 necklace 2 925 rings and the Platinum. and about 2 pounds of bottle caps and pull tabs, and other assorted trash. This was end of July

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread