digmesomestuff

Greenie
Oct 30, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to get back into the hobby after a couple year hiatus. I’m 55 and live in Scotts Valley with my wife and kids. I’m available most evenings and weekends. I average about 7 walking miles a day so I can definitely hike or backpack on trips.

Anyone up for some detecting trips or sharing tips over a beer? I don’t have any friends in this area that share my interests in history and research so looking to hang out or hunt with someone. I haven’t done much beach hunting but am willing to learn. I certainly don’t mind getting up early (except on weekdays because I leave for work a bit after 4 a.m).

Love history and exploring new places. Definitely willing to travel on weekends for new finds. SC seems mostly hunted out...At least in the parks and public spaces.

If you know of any clubs in the area, please let me know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Taladeganite

Feb 4, 2020
Antioch, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40/60/whites classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! I'm up in the East Bay Area and I travel down your way on the daily, so I Hunt the South Bay heavily, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Salinas, Seaside, Marina and a little bit of CSU Monterey last week...Theres a good club up this way called the Mount Diablo Metal Detecting Club and they area legit. Trips to Europe all. I've had very little luck in Santa Cruz and Capitola but you never know with all that tourism.

Looking to get back into the hobby after a couple year hiatus. I’m 55 and live in Scotts Valley with my wife and kids. I’m available most evenings and weekends. I average about 7 walking miles a day so I can definitely hike or backpack on trips.

Anyone up for some detecting trips or sharing tips over a beer? I don’t have any friends in this area that share my interests in history and research so looking to hang out or hunt with someone. I haven’t done much beach hunting but am willing to learn. I certainly don’t mind getting up early (except on weekdays because I leave for work a bit after 4 a.m).

Love history and exploring new places. Definitely willing to travel on weekends for new finds. SC seems mostly hunted out...At least in the parks and public spaces.

If you know of any clubs in the area, please let me know.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m a few hours south of you in Fresno but I head up to your neck of the woods quite often. Between visiting family in Los Gatos, going crabbing in Half Moon Bay or just driving up to San Francisco to find something to do in the city, I’m up there every few weeks. I’ll keep you in mind the next time I go and perhaps we can hit up a park or beach somewhere. I’m always up for a few beers too!

Sealife

Oct 16, 2021
Did you ever find anyone to go detecting with? I know it's been awhile since you posted but I'm brand new to this and I live in Santa Cruz. Being a woman, I find it a little unnerving to go certain places by myself and would love to find a partner to explore with. I have been a treasure hunter since I was a kid and always wanted a metal detector. Finally got myself one at 53! I've gone to the beach because it's the only place I feel safe. I would love to explore some streams and gulches but need a buddy. I am also available most evenings and weekends. Let me know if you're interested in going for a hunt. Michele

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you ever find anyone to go detecting with? I know it's been awhile since you posted but I'm brand new to this and I live in Santa Cruz. Being a woman, I find it a little unnerving to go certain places by myself and would love to find a partner to explore with. I have been a treasure hunter since I was a kid and always wanted a metal detector. Finally got myself one at 53! I've gone to the beach because it's the only place I feel safe. I would love to explore some streams and gulches but need a buddy. I am also available most evenings and weekends. Let me know if you're interested in going for a hunt. Michele
Welcome to TreasureNet! Best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread