Hi all!

Dranoel76

Feb 5, 2020
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello you treasure hunters. Greetings from western nevada. Been looking for another hobby for a while and my kids went and got me a metal detector for christmas. Never done it before, but have went to the river close by and played around a few times. Came back with a few pennies, bottle caps, nails and shell casings. Looking for any hints or areas to go near Carson City. Detector is bounty hunter tracker 4. Still trying to get a feel for it and the settings.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to tnet

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Mi. Tommy

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Carson City!!!! WOW Where Carson City (CC) Silver dollars were minted and I'm sure they're lost everywhere around there!!! Let us know of your first finds.
Congrats

Taladeganite

Feb 4, 2020
Antioch, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Mine lab go find 40/60/whites classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I'm new to Tnet as well! Welcome all the same! :)

Welcome! :hello2: I'm just over the hill from you in Antioch, Ca. I get to Reno from time to time. I've done a little dirt fishing in Tahoe and those beaches are worth a look! I found some old large caliber rifle casing and some throwing knives last I was there.. ;) :headbang:

Hello you treasure hunters. Greetings from western nevada. Been looking for another hobby for a while and my kids went and got me a metal detector for christmas. Never done it before, but have went to the river close by and played around a few times. Came back with a few pennies, bottle caps, nails and shell casings. Looking for any hints or areas to go near Carson City. Detector is bounty hunter tracker 4. Still trying to get a feel for it and the settings.

Bible

Jan 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen them ripping the streets out over the last year or two along main street, id head that way first. Seen someones post of a gold coin found there last year too if thats not good proof.

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dranoel76, welcome to TNet...I spent a couple of years in the Reno area while attending UNR...I would look into the old maps of the area and try to discover some of the old home sites located on farmer’s fields...there are many posts on TNet on the best ways to ask a landowner for permission to detect their fields...you should find some nice targets around these old homesites to include coins...good luck on your hunts and keep us posted on what you find..Walt

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Texas :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread