Whats the best BAD technology detector ?

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. What do you think the best Beep And Dig (aka bad . lol !) machine is out there? I started with a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Love it. Still will whip it out on occasion. Great discrimination. Two tones. Right now im using a Fisher CZ6a. Altho it has a meter that indicates what's there , No VDI. I use it mostly as a beep and dig. Three tones. Ignore low , dig medium and high.
I watch my buddy stand there swinging back and forth trying to analyze the vdi numbers and confidence meter and such. Ive tried his machine ( Whites V3i ) and all the information is nice but takes time to analize. Time i could be digging and moving on. I want the machine to do that for me.
In parks looking for coins , beep and dig is faster. Gold , Vdi would help. On the beach i run all metal then dig only high and mid tones.
Whats your take and recommended beep and dig machine?

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Tesoro Cibola for that and it goes deep and hits hard, however, Tesoro is now out of business so buying one would carry no warranty.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, best depth? No discrimination? Probably the Minelab GPZ7000 is the current champ. I'd hate to use that in an urban park however!

snaps

May 6, 2009
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
As long as the weight isnt bothering you, Id stick with the fisher. 3 tones and all the nuances between em is all I need.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector. Under $50, and amazes everybody who trys it.

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector. Under $50, and amazes everybody who trys it.
I've been thinking about getting that detector. How is it compared to a Compadre or Mojave? I think for this question, from what this machine does, and for the price, And the [bad] technology, I second this!

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say the Tesoro Tejon, but now the Vista X has a few features even the Tejon did not have like Iron audio. Coming from Tesoro I am taking a hard look a purchasing a Vista machine in the near future.

Also comparing a beep and dig to the V3i isn't really a fair comparison in terms of simplicity sake. If I were hunting the beach I would look at the Equinox sure you have VDI but you can hunt with that machine in 2 tone or 5 tone and never look at the screen.

Only thing I use VDI for on the Deus is to confirm what I hear if the VDI is >45 I dig even if the audio is choppy and 99/100 the audio is correct.
With the V3i I would hear, pull the trigger analyze the freq and look at the spectrograph all really cool features but you are correct a slower overall process. (I share the same belief in that I would prefer simple and fast)

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about getting that detector. How is it compared to a Compadre or Mojave? I think for this question, from what this machine does, and for the price, And the [bad] technology, I second this!

That was my first detector. Found some neat stuff considering I only used it for a month. First wheat was a 1919. First ring which I wear everyday to remind me to get out when I can. Gave me a nice tan line. First coin spill. First 3 ring deer slug. First prohibition bottle complete with the top. I could go on. Only thing is the grip was aweful but I modded it with an old bike grip.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the Nox 800 and Simplex. When I want to go have fun and beep and dig I take the Simplex. When I go civil war relic hunting I take the 800.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread