Whats the best BAD technology detector ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By bravobob
  • 2 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By Slingshot
  • 2 Post By Tahoegold

Thread: Whats the best BAD technology detector ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2017
    Santa Barbara,Ca
    Bounty Hunter Prospector Fisher CZ6A
    1758 times
    Metal Detecting

Whats the best BAD technology detector ?

Hi all. What do you think the best Beep And Dig (aka bad . lol !) machine is out there? I started with a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Love it. Still will whip it out on occasion. Great discrimination. Two tones. Right now im using a Fisher CZ6a. Altho it has a meter that indicates what's there , No VDI. I use it mostly as a beep and dig. Three tones. Ignore low , dig medium and high.
    I watch my buddy stand there swinging back and forth trying to analyze the vdi numbers and confidence meter and such. Ive tried his machine ( Whites V3i ) and all the information is nice but takes time to analize. Time i could be digging and moving on. I want the machine to do that for me.
    In parks looking for coins , beep and dig is faster. Gold , Vdi would help. On the beach i run all metal then dig only high and mid tones.
    Whats your take and recommended beep and dig machine?
    eman1000 and electroman1974 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    28097 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I love my Tesoro Cibola for that and it goes deep and hits hard, however, Tesoro is now out of business so buying one would carry no warranty.
    eman1000 and Megalodon like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8053 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    So, best depth? No discrimination? Probably the Minelab GPZ7000 is the current champ. I'd hate to use that in an urban park however!
    Avitech Associate

Something new is coming, the Cygnus, don't be left behind. A 22nd century detector for 21st century detectorists.

us
    May 2009
    West Virginia
    Goldmaxx, Compass GSP, Garrett Infinium
    204 times
    As long as the weight isnt bothering you, Id stick with the fisher. 3 tones and all the nuances between em is all I need.
    ''Snow-dragged Zen Jeep-charged Apariary""
    "If I don't have time to do it right, how do I have time to do it twice?"

us
    Apr 2004
    Southern Appalachia
    Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202
    1091 times
    The Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector. Under $50, and amazes everybody who trys it.
    TheMilDetector likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    288 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Slingshot View Post
    The Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector. Under $50, and amazes everybody who trys it.
    I've been thinking about getting that detector. How is it compared to a Compadre or Mojave? I think for this question, from what this machine does, and for the price, And the [bad] technology, I second this!
    eman1000 and TheMilDetector like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    XP Deus ORX, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
    700 times
    I would say the Tesoro Tejon, but now the Vista X has a few features even the Tejon did not have like Iron audio. Coming from Tesoro I am taking a hard look a purchasing a Vista machine in the near future.

Also comparing a beep and dig to the V3i isn't really a fair comparison in terms of simplicity sake. If I were hunting the beach I would look at the Equinox sure you have VDI but you can hunt with that machine in 2 tone or 5 tone and never look at the screen.

Only thing I use VDI for on the Deus is to confirm what I hear if the VDI is >45 I dig even if the audio is choppy and 99/100 the audio is correct.
    With the V3i I would hear, pull the trigger analyze the freq and look at the spectrograph all really cool features but you are correct a slower overall process. (I share the same belief in that I would prefer simple and fast)

us
    Can You Dig It?

Aug 2017
    Milwaukee WI
    - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer
    1112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoegold View Post
    I've been thinking about getting that detector. How is it compared to a Compadre or Mojave? I think for this question, from what this machine does, and for the price, And the [bad] technology, I second this!
    That was my first detector. Found some neat stuff considering I only used it for a month. First wheat was a 1919. First ring which I wear everyday to remind me to get out when I can. Gave me a nice tan line. First coin spill. First 3 ring deer slug. First prohibition bottle complete with the top. I could go on. Only thing is the grip was aweful but I modded it with an old bike grip.
    My METAL DETECTOR is actually a TIME MACHINE

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links