Youtubers...
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Youtubers...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy) Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
    152 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Youtubers...

I watch a TON of youtube videos. I have a job that either I am busy or I am waiting to be busy. Mostly I am waiting. I am starting to think a good portion of youtube detecting videos are fake. I am not saying all, but the just did a quick hunt for an hour and got 3 silvers, and this gold ring.

So give it to me straight, am I a cynical asshat or am I seeing the light? I

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    26074 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I guess that is a judgement call. I think the majority are legit, but there ARE a lot fake finds on Youtube. Some of these cats make huge money from Google Adsense on their videos (I'm one of them), and I can see how many are tempted to make "fantastical finds" for clicks. I personally know a fella that claimed to have found a huge silver horde on Youtube - It was actually a sock drawer collection he bought at an estate sale. Why do they do it? Money.
    rook3434, Rad1sh, BLK HOLE and 8 others like this.
    Some of My Finds: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...lbums4377.html

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MrTerrySoloman Please Subscribe!

My Facebook Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/Patriot-102621285018092

My Music Page: https://www.facebook.com/Terrys-Musi...33016710344976

My Photo Portfolio: http://www.snapshotologist.com

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42153 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Dont believe everything you see on the internet people will do just about anything for money
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    20269 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Dont believe everything you see on the internet people will do just about anything for money
    Well, not "anything"........
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42153 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    True but almost anything the more they get out of it the more they will do. Lol
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    83992 times
    Cache Hunting
    I agree but I love treasure hunting and you just have to over look the one you think are fake.i personally like Diggin with Britt. Yee Haw.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    Mar 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
    118 times
    Metal Detecting
    In November I saw a "staged" live dig and asked people on a facebook group if I should call him out. Didn't post the video address publicly, just privately to a couple of people who were interested. Apparently the youtuber was also a member of the facebook group where I mentioned that I saw a staged dig and he got mad and told the moderator that I was being a bully and had my post removed.

It was obviously stage because I saw the "palmed coin hit the mud clean and then get pushed into the mud.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    32449 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I'd say 90% is junk. Even with some of the better know channels, it's a lot of make believe. Gotta get those clicks. I loved the one where the guy pulled a SHINY buffalo nickle out of the ground!

Nov 2012
    361 times
    I always liked looking for things, and I had a metal detector before youtube was invented, but I didnt get into the hobby like I am now until youtube came along and I could watch folks with metal detectors finding things. That's when I became really "ate up with it", as we like to say here. In the early days, there wasnt as much sensationalism in the videos, just some folks out digging holes and retrieving finds. That was enough for me to go out and get a real good detector, learn it, and start finding real good things myself. So I give youtube the credit of getting me deep into the hobby, but I dont believe everything I see on it either. I just consider it entertainment, and if some of the finds are fake digs on there, it has inspired me to go out and dig up things that have truly been in the ground for a long time, and not seeded.

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    3153 times
    I take em all with a grain of salt but I believe there are some really good ones that don't have to fake it..

Oct 2016
    1464 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    I watch AGT and various other shows. Not big on detecting anymore.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

us
    Apr 2005
    upstate NY -- Lake George region
    XP Dēus, White's DFX, Garrett Ace 250
    144 times
    I'd guess there are a lot of downright faked videos. There is also a lot of plain old editing. Even on the channels I consider trustworthy, valuable treasures get dug on every outing with only a piece or two of trash in between. It gets you excited about going out hunting and then you realize you often have to dig trash for days in order to find the treasure the videos show on every trip out.
    marjam likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6314 times
    What is YouTube?
    nuggetdog and smokeythecat like this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    May 2018
    Athens Georgia
    Garret AT pro
    1072 times
    Metal Detecting
    There are fakes for sure, but then there are real hunters who spend hours editing their recordings so that you only see what you came for (no one wants to watch 45 minutes of pull tabs and 5 minutes of coins). What you find depends on where you look. If you're hunting the same tired sites then chances are you aren't going to come up with big finds like the guys who do hours of research and go door-knocking like its their job. My favorite tuber is aquachigger and I don't think any of his finds are fake.
    i_am_mongoose likes this.
    The universe rewards the observant.

Jun 2012
    Oklahoma
    Equinox 800, Ace 250
    406 times
    I have a couple thoughts. First, most guys aren't posting all their video content. They're posting the stuff people will find interesting....ie cool finds. It doesn't represent the time they've invested in the hobby and most don't pretend it does. Second, if you are only going for "clicks", I think you'd have a lot more success with different content. Metal detecting isn't exactly one of the most popular American past times. I honestly feel most people are watching with a bit too much of a critical eye. Is there clickbait? Sure, but I think it's limited. Maybe I'm just gullible....who knows. I feel like the vast majority are just regular guys filming their finds and sharing them with like minded people. Sometimes things don't come out of their ground the way it comes out of my ground.

Also, if you are watching the first few videos that pop up on a search, you're watching the click bait. I don't watch this stuff. I typically limit my searches to a certain period of time or I'll have youtube list it in order beginning with most recent. I never watch in the order Youtube lists originally. Another HUGE clue on the click bait is the TITLE. Are they begging you to watch it? If so, it's probably not worth watching.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links