Simplex vs Teknetics T2 Classic

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was to choose between those two it would be the Teknetics...

OP
OP
D

Diggin1

Nov 14, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Simplex but I’ve been wanting the T2 for a while. I wasn’t sure if one was better than the other, just looking for opinions from anyone willing to help. Thanks

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never tried the Simplex but own/owned many other machines. The T2 was one of them. I got rid of my AT pro when I bought the T2. About 2 weeks later I got rid of the T2. Extremely slow.... confusing interface. Was so disappointed. Wished I would have kept the AT pro. It’s slower than my best machines but it was easy to use, waterproof, and relatively deep for the price.

Inspector Comet

Jan 3, 2020
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,
Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I was to choose between those two it would be the Teknetics...

Blasphemer!

Okay I actually know nothing about the T2. I do like my Simplex, though. Pretty amazing target separation given the coil size, and can punch deep on relics too, especially in areas where targets aren't really packed in close to each other.

Diggin1, I would recommend trying to find a dealer in your area for the T2. You may be able to test out the machine to see whether you prefer it to your simplex. If that isn't an option, there are lots of good and fairly in-depth reviews on YouTube. You might not be able to find a head to head comparison, but I'm sure there will be in-depth reviews of the T2.

Last edited:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Simplex but I’ve been wanting the T2 for a while. I wasn’t sure if one was better than the other, just looking for opinions from anyone willing to help. Thanks

Wont be much difference if any in performance, if you want better performance check out a multi frequency machine...

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree... the Nox600 or Deus Orx I would choose for the close to the same price range.

I’m a Deus fan myself. Own the Nox800 too. Both brands are a better choice IMO.

phrunt

Tenderfoot
Nov 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Simplex and T2 are virtually identical in performance and depth for me, even target ID stability is very similar, it's uncanny. Modern features and more of them go the Simplex, but if you're concerned about performance although they're almost the same I'd go the T2. All metal on the T2 is far better performing, the Simplex all metal mode seems dumbed down or something. I like the T2 interface better, perhaps as I've used it longer, quicker and easier to navigate. Very competitive detectors with each other.

ScoTTT2

Jul 19, 2021
steuben county, ny
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own a T2+ (which is a classic with the boost process thrown in), aT2se, and a simplex .. now maybe both my T2s are "hot" and my simplex isn't .. but I'll end it there .. the simplex is a water machine .. the T2 isn't .. I hunt in all metal mostly with the T2 and beach mode with the simplex in the water .. my simplex came with the v2.78, it now has the v2.77 .. don't understand the change to the v2.78 .. if I'm hunting on land I never reach for the simplex .. the simplex needs a faster swing, so covering ground is quicker .. the T2 is by far deeper .. unless you need to rely on TIDs .. then they both ID pretty good to about 8 inches .. maybe I understand the all metal of the T2 and not so much all metal of the simplex .. 10 inch dimes are common with the T2 .. I have yet to dig one with the simplex .. if it weren't for the fact of the simplex being water proof I would have sold it already .. once I upgrade my water machine, the simplex will be up for sale .. I will always have a T2 .. I bought different coils for the T2, but didn't need to .. to make a water machine out of the simplex I've spent about as much as I paid for the machine in up grades, (carbon shaft, sp22 coil, waterproof headset) .. I hunt with a couple guys, one owns a nox 800, the other one owns a ctx3030, both very nice machines ,but hunt after hunt our trash to treasure ratio ends up being the same .. on a creek hunt earlier this year I watched the expression on my friends face as his nox flooded .. the simplex kept me hunting there .. you need to understand a bit more on how the machine works with the T2 .. where the simplex has given you modes .. the T2 has a very accurate pin point .. the simplex is a few bars down, which doesn't mean much unless all the bars are shown .. is it 8 inches or 12 inches? .. I have 1000s of hours swinging a T2 .. I will never have that many on a simplex.

Last edited:

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I hear that you like the T2 and that the Simplex is kinda junk?
But then you mention that the T2 and the Simplex both TID and find at the same depth, and the Simplex is faster at covering ground- even though the T2 is $500; and the trash/treasure ratio being the same as the $950 Nox and the $2500 CTX3030? That whole reply makes no sense to me...
the All Metal is NOT the deep mode on the Simplex, and in Park 1 (also NOT the deepest) I have found Barber and Mercury dimes anywhere from 6-9" deep. Field mode is the deepest Simplex mode, but I like three tones.
Also, I own two Simplex machines and I don't have any people following me with any luck- no matter what machine they own.
PLUS, if someone wants a new detector, the Simplex+ can be bought right now on Amazon for $340 WITH 2 coils and WHPs!
Just sayin'

Capncrunch

Mar 25, 2020
KCMO Area
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 5000, Fisher F22, Quest X10, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure! Let me know...

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve owned the T-2s cousin, the F75 LTD. The F75 LTD seems to edge the Simplex out in air and ground, but not by much really. Not nearly enough to be a dealbreaker. I’m really blown away at what you get with the Simplex for the price, and now that they’ve been out for a while it’s not hard to find them used for even less. All you can get now for $200 or so would’ve been hard for me to imagine a couple years ago. There’s no question in my mind which I’d pick because I’ve already voted with my hands. I no longer have the F75 LTD, but I do have a Simplex. It’s quite a neat gadget. I’ll be honest, I bought my Simplex used very cheap with the intention of reselling it. Once I got my hands on it I decidedly pretty quickly it’s in my stable for good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread