Upvote 0

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question! I have swung the Cibola and others for a long time. The cibola was hard to beat for response speed, love the super accurate pinpoint, depth was great, run for days on one nine volt battery. And the fact it is super light! The Cibola was always my go to detector for hunting civil war related farm fields for bullets and coins.
Then along came the Simplex. How it can sniff out a nice button with 5 rusted square nails in the same hole is beyond me. It has done so many times. Depth is great, tones and numbers are good.
My only complaint is how hard the pinpoint button is to push and keep depressed while pinpointing. After using the Cibola, this will be a big change. But the pinpoint button is in the same spot! The simplex does weigh more. But the simplex is waterproof and comes with wireless headphones.
For the money, the simplex is great. But if you need another Cibola instead. Send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

RJGMC

OP
OP
Shawnboylk

Shawnboylk

Mar 30, 2018
Wilmington nc
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great question! I have swung the Cibola and others for a long time. The cibola was hard to beat for response speed, love the super accurate pinpoint, depth was great, run for days on one nine volt battery. And the fact it is super light! The Cibola was always my go to detector for hunting civil war related farm fields for bullets and coins.
Then along came the Simplex. How it can sniff out a nice button with 5 rusted square nails in the same hole is beyond me. It has done so many times. Depth is great, tones and numbers are good.
My only complaint is how hard the pinpoint button is to push and keep depressed while pinpointing. After using the Cibola, this will be a big change. But the pinpoint button is in the same spot! The simplex does weigh more. But the simplex is waterproof and comes with wireless headphones.
For the money, the simplex is great. But if you need another Cibola instead. Send me a PM.

Hope this helps!

RJGMC
Thanks yes I’m waiting on my Cibola to get back from mail I had it stopped from being sent back to the factory for repair. Do you know what would cause the chattering ? I may attempt to fix it by myself befor I pay for the simplex lol. I just put a new coil on it and it didn’t fix the problem

southerngrwn

Greenie
Jul 6, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Vintage Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bough a Simplex + and had the opportunity to try it out today. It's a great machine for the money. Fast recovery, good depth and multiple tones.The only issue I had was the pinpoint function. The button is hard to push with gloves on and I missed a lot because I'm not used to it. Also, If you use the Nokta pinpointer with it you will get interference. You can't leave the poinpointer on and swing. Wasn't an issue for me because I turn off my pinpointer anyway.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the pinpoint issue, that rubber button is hard to press and keep pressed while pinpointing.

My solution has been working well for me. I had a partial sheet of round, hard felt cushions/bumpers like you would put on a cabinet door to keep it from banging. This one happens to be an off white, it is about 1/8 inch thick, and a little over 3/8 inch diameter with a self adhesive backing. I cleaned the rubber button, the put on the peel and stick felt bumper. Makes pinpointing much easier. Has been on for about 26 actual hunting hours in the last 8 days. Still stuck in place good.

RJGMC

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a rubber type peel off stick on type button on my pinpoint I have put more on other peoples also. It makes it very easy to press and hold. Simplexbutton.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread