Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2020
Cranbrook, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
White's Beachcomber
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good morning everyone ! I am new here and I finally got myself a metal detector, something that I have been wanting to do for a long time.
Its a Minelab SD2200D , but I have a problem. The batteries are toast. Totally dead and will not take a charge. I took them to a friend who is a master electrician and he confirmed that through a volt meter test. So......... I am in need of batteries! What are my options ?? I found a company in Utah, (Powerstream) that has them but the cannot ship them across the border anymore due to the enviornmental extreamists raising a huge stink about such things. I live in the East Kootenay's in Cranbrook. Hope everybody has a fantastic season, cant wait to get this thing out in a few weeks as soon as the damn snow goes byebye !!

Upvote 0

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello: .

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a wealth of information here, I am sure someone will chime in as to where (how) you may obtain battery replacements :thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! You may want to contact RND batteries. Even though they may not make a replacement for this model, they may know someone who does, or, maybe how to rig one up with some replacement parts. Minelab doesn't sell them anymore? Good Luck!

OP
OP
G

goldsharky

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2020
Cranbrook, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
White's Beachcomber
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope , Minelab doesnt make them any more. I have found a video on youtube that shaows a guy modifiying a 7.2v NiMh remote control car battery to his 2200d but I will be researching it so if I decide to go that route, I dont mess up the machine.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lo so some Batteries Plus may build a battery for you if you have the old battery.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider Lipos or pretty much any other battery combo in a separate box, hip mounted, with a lead and a jack. You should also be able to find the right combo of Lipo batteries from RC car and Aircraft if you want it to fit in the original housing - they make tiny LiPos these days. You will have to buy a charger. I also have used a bunch of AA rechargables hot glued / taped together and soldered in parrallel or series (to get voltage correct). A cheap Swallow RC battery charger will work. NiMh tend to be quite heavy and do benefit from occasional cycling (cheap swallow charger has cycling facility)

The hip mounted battery can be unwieldly but will make the detector lighter and qive you a huge range of batteries and run time. connect with a spiral type earphone cord

chub

please post a pic with dimensions and voltage

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an old military detector and cut the old battery shell in half. made up a new pack and glued it all back together. If you have a spare battery see if you can cut it open. You will probably find its made up of a bunch of individual cells (often still available seperately) same as a battery drill etc. check out the link for ideas
https://za.pinterest.com/pin/381398662191736853/

chub

OP
OP
G

goldsharky

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2020
Cranbrook, B.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D
White's Beachcomber
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well guys thanks for all the input, I have found a souce for batteries, but since we are pretty much on lockdown because of the Covid 19 crap, I cant go get them. At least for now. Everybody, please wash your hands lots and have a really good think on what you touch during your day. Stay safe everyone !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread