Do you remember your first

ppratt

Jun 19, 2003
South western PA
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Do any of you guys remember your first coin you found. My first coin was a 1916 Wheat cent. First silver dime same day 1916 -s Barber Dime. First IH 1898 same day also. My first silver quarter 1950 it was a week later.

do you remember the first coin that you didn't know what it was. Besides my first barber dime the first day out. It was about 6 months after detecting I found a 1849 large cent. I had no idea what it was. I never had to go that far back in the red book before.

Upvote 0

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I think the first coin I found was a late70's early 80's penny; can't remember exactly. Shortly thereafter, I found another one, my third coin was a 1917 cent. First silver was a ring made from a 64 Kennedy half.

SILVERHOUND

Apr 19, 2003
RALEIGH,NC
IM NOT SURE WHAT MY FIRST FINDS WERE,BUT THEY WERE CLAD.I DO KNOW THAT MY FIRST WHEAT CENTS,FIRST AND SECOND BUFFALO NICKELS (30&35),FIRST TWO MERCURY DIMES(43&44)ALL CAME LATER THE SAME DAY AT THE SAME SITE.THE SITE WAS A OUTDOOR AMPHITHEATER BUILT IN 1930.THE ROWS BETWEEN SEATING WERE GRASS.THAT WAS THE FIRST DAY(1989) OVER THE YEARS IVE PULLED QUITE A FEW KEEPERS OUT OF THERE.NOT BAD CONSIDERING THE SITE HAS BEEN HAMMERED HARD.

SILVERHOUND

Dsorgnzd

Sep 23, 2003
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot,
White's5900 Di Pro,
Compass Relic Magnum 7A
My first coin was a fairly new penny. I still have it - it's glued to my old Compass RM7A detector with silicone seal (the friend who introduced me to metal detecting had done the same thing with the first coin he found).

D

DrewShade

ahh yes my first on fri dec. 13th her name was amber.....My first find was a schlitz malt liquor bottle cap and my second was a magnum trojan wrapper. My frst coin was a 1965 P dime and a penny that some old man (who I think felt bad for me) through out in the sand for me to find :) I have had better luck since then my coin totals have doubled each time out..But I have yet to find any pre 65 coins.....

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
First coin was a penny at my parents (probably lost it when climbing the willow tree). First silver was a ring at a beach, first silver coin was at a park college students use when the roomie was studying :)

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
Cant remember my first coin, but I sure do remember my first ring I found-a 14KT gold ring with 2 black pearls in it-I also remember what I did with it-I went and gave it to a girl-bad move,we broke up shortly after that;never got the ring back!!!

jedihepner

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2004
Mount Carmel, NE PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I remember my first coin. I was detecting after work in the near by field and got a reading of .5 for a depth on my new DFX. I stooped down and swept away the straw from the dirts surface, as I did a coin went sliding across the ground that I was clearing. I picked it up and thought that it was really cool that I found my first coin, a quarter! Gently, between my thumb and fore finger, I rubbed it to get a look at the date and was stunned to see the words "ONE CENT" staring at me. Never before had I seen a large cent and was caught totally off guard! Beside myself I went inside straight away and washed it off to find that I now possessed an 1853 large cent in perfect condition. The second coin I found was about 100 yards away from the first in the same field. It was the following day and at about 4 inches down I pulled out a 1841 seated liberty dime in fair condition! After that I was hopelessly hooked on metal detecting!!!!!

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I found my first coin in 1973 in Germany with my Dad. It is a 1949 10 Pfennig coin that I still have. It has great sentimental value to me now because of being the first and because I have since lost my Dad. I have a container full of coins that I found there. I found everything from German, French, and Dutch coins, all the way back to Roman coins out in the fields. It was an awesome place to detect.
HH All
Rich

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Where were you in Germany?

I lived in Muenster for a few years. I had no detector there, but thought about that alot. The thing is, no matter where I was in Germany, I would always be worried about diggin' up goodies of the explosive variety. I recall three times in two years they had to stop construction in Muenster because of old bombs.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detecting in Germany rocked! I have been gone from there for over a year and still go through withdrawls. :'( First coin I ever found was a modern dime in about 92.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First coin was 1 krona 2006.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread