Classic 5 id depth compared to Prizm, and Ace 250

OP
OP
C

countrykid

So apparently the Prizm III
has the option for "5-Range Discrimination adjusts so you pick what you want to see and hear. Hear and see it all, or just the good stuff. " - Taken straight for Whites page.

So does anyone know what Smart Notch is? how is it differant from that stated bove?

I may have to call White's because I can't find any info on this.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks/sounds like a system similar to a lot of the Garrett machines where you can "notch out" any type of item/metal you want to, and or add any that you want. I'm not 100% sure but I went to the whites site, and that's what it looks like to me.

P.S.

the statement,

"5-Range Discrimination adjusts so you pick what you want to see and hear. Hear and see it all, or just the good stuff."

shouldn't be taken too serious,

no matter what metal detector you buy, and no matter how much you spend,

you're GOING to dig "junk" too.

Believe me,

if there were a detector that ONLY showed the good stuff while disc. out the bad only (but at the same time- none of the good - such as gold), so you didn't have to dig junk,

I'd own it! ;D

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Lonewolf is right. Whites makes a darn good detector. Some say the best. But that"hear just the good stuff" is just marketing. There's just no getting around digging some junk if you don't want to miss anything. If you can't find any Classic 5 ID users here try the Whites forum. I've read good things about all three of those detectors. If it's possable try them out before you make up your mind. Have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread