Best places to look??

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do some research and look for older places in your area like houses, older buildings, fields, etc. There are civil war sites in TN too.

djackson7348

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people have been there, they have lost things and the older the things they lost, the better. Good luck!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Jordan. I’m certainly no expert but if you’re focusing on coins you need to concentrate on places where people congregate. Churches, schools, playgrounds, etc. although it’s often hard to get permission for those places and a lot of them have already been hit pretty hard. In my experience, Boy Scout campsites are usually productive when you can get into them. Coins, neckerchief slides and pocket knives seem to be the main course at those sites. If you can find sites of church revivals they can produce as well. However I’ve found coins in the middle of cornfields and have no idea how they got there, except for a few very modern clad which I guess somehow got thrown into the manure spreader. Sidewalk and road tear outs have produced for some folks but I haven’t had that opportunity yet. Patience and persistence pay off.
HH
dts

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.flickr.com/photos/casper-2/
you'll find an article here I did on research for spots to go

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.northamericanforts.com/East/tn.html
you look at alot of these places -
you will find a lot say "unknown" "not found" "was near by" "exact location undetermined"
these are the ones i would look into - remember most may be on private property - so permissions need to be sought
some are on town or state property and may be able to be hunted - as long as they are not posted
trading posts can be awesome - some were near fording spots or ferry crossings - and people would camp near
them - some times loners - some times families - some times troops
I know a guy that has been killing it for last 20 yrs where there was a trading post from the 1600s
area covers like 50 acres+
he has gotten awesome coins, buttons and relics from here

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had good luck under clotheslines in the past. Sometimes you can still find the T posts or just try to imagine which trees would have made the most convenient locations (usually close to the back door)

OP
OP
G

gobblesandgrunts

Dec 29, 2019
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replays, I am new and have been a few times and seem to just find trash most of the time lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread