What is this?

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Brand new to the forum, but I've been reading it for years. I live in Cary North Carolina. The weather was nice yestderday so I decided to go to an old field . Old Cary high school is so hunted out , it will drive you crazy . You can swing your machine for 20 minuites without a single hit, then have the joy of digging up a pulltab. This field also has a series of drain pipes that sound like gold rings . I've been able to find a few silver dimes and some other old stuff in it.
I found this thing and a penny right next to it . Anyone have an idea what it could be?

Thanks in advance RIDLEY

Upvote 0

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
A pull tab for a zipper to a suitcase??

It is shaped like a miniature suitcase and the initials could be from the owner or the company which made it...

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, the zipper pull is a very common find in any school yard. They come in so many varieties that my pile has started looking like a collection.

The schoolyards are never really hunted out until long after they are closed due to the renewable nature of goodies there, but the older stuff is sparse where they have been hunted already. If there's still a pulltab there, it ain't hunted out!

Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread