A “permanently closed” LLC is listed as owner of land. Question.

BABALONGOGGLES

Jan 10, 2020
Eastern WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for property to detect and came across a plat that is said to be owned by an LLC. I see that there’s a taxpayer listed as well. I know very little about realty holdings of LLCs, so I was trying to gain some understanding of how the land is dealt with, if it’s technically legal to detect there, or do I still need to try and contact the taxpayer and not the permanently closed LLC. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I’m having trouble finding anywhere to detect, especially away from people.

Upvote 0

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy rule of thumb. If the property isn't listed as public property, owned or held by a municipality or local government for the purpose of a park or open spaces, then it's private property and you should seek permission from the listed taxpayer. LLC's can be established to hide the properties purchase for many reasons, and there is no law that states it has to be maintained as far as I know. OF course you can't hunt all parks either, but that's another topic.

Respect our hobby. Respect all property rights. It's hard enough as you know to find places to detect.

Good luck hunting...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd try to contact the listed "taxpayer" to see what they know about the property and it's ownership.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread