Greenie
Apr 20, 2020
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sdc2300.jpg

So, I was super-excited to get this. However, as I open the box, this $4,000 metal detector is packed horribly. I've searched the net for unboxing videos and have been unable to find any. I've found some Equinox unboxing videos and their packaging looks COMPLETELY different. Mine came rattling around in the box with scuffs and scratches, totally dusty, greasy fingerprints all over, headphones and batteries just kind of thrown in some bubble wrap ... very unprofessional looking. Can anyone tell me if this is how the SDC 2300 is supposed to come or did I get sent a refurb unit?

Thanks in advance for any help ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

procali

Nov 16, 2013
BajaMex
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, ctx 3030, sdc 2300, Sovereign Gt, Excal 1000, x-terra 705, profind, propointer. Stealth 720i and 920ix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE: Well, I took it to the nooks and crannies of Red Mountain by my house in Ventura. It turns out there was a small piece of plastic in the battery compartment that caused it to reset every time the 2300 would move. Took that out, dialed it in, and everything is working fine now ... although, based on the condition of the unit when I received it, I am pretty sure someone had returned it to the dealer even if they had not taken it out to the dirt. Now that it's working, I'll keep it ...
did you check out the video?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread