Chorton2201

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2020
Bethune, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out detecting with my brother-in-law with his whites dfx. We decided to stick close to my house today and check a field out back in which we only found a two pennies, a dime, and some other junk. We did find one old button but couldn't tell what it was, it did appear to have a design of some kind on it.

After about an hour we decided to check my driveway and some around some trees in the front yard. Our first hit was just a small piece of tin. We kept searching and then we had a hit that we hadn't heard before. And it was showing that it was about an inch down. He dug the plug and pin pointed it and looked up and said "It's Gold" it was a 14k gold wedding band.

Now I've lived here about two years now. We got the place from my grandpa. My great grandma grew up here so we was keeping the house in the family. After finding the ring I showed my parents and they checked with my grandpa to see if he knew if anyone had lose one. Come to find out my grandpa had lost his about 20 years ago. We showed it to him and he said that looked just like it.

Now, me and my brother-in-law is hooked we can't wait to see what else we can find.

Upvote 0

Reconzero

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2020
Humboldt.Ca
Detector(s) used
Bandito Umax ll,
Garrett AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the next best family heirloom find...5yrs ago we inherited my wifes family ranch that was pioneered by her great grandad in 1890's in No.Calif from Denmark..Sooo first thangs first..detect the hell outta the property...I think it was one of the few times I knew an was part of the family who lost the item long ago...So no gold double eagles few I.H.'s ,few mercs,lots of wheats and a beat up walker..found a pretty engraved Sterling thimble an have dug a half dozen er so,most squished,or just plain mangled,only a plain, seems to be modernish I display
This one how ever was pristine an while cleaning saw it was engraved with the fancy script"Marie"..couple of years later I hear wifey an her sis talking history while looking through photos..wife says " the back of this one says great gramma Marie?.that's mam ma's name huh"..I was dumb founded...I ran an got thimble an when they saw her name on it.. it brought tears to their eyes...twas aweeeesome..I'm a legendary hero now.. 15894319944312233245215612341360.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions