Chorton2201

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2020
Bethune, SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out detecting with my brother-in-law with his whites dfx. We decided to stick close to my house today and check a field out back in which we only found a two pennies, a dime, and some other junk. We did find one old button but couldn't tell what it was, it did appear to have a design of some kind on it.

After about an hour we decided to check my driveway and some around some trees in the front yard. Our first hit was just a small piece of tin. We kept searching and then we had a hit that we hadn't heard before. And it was showing that it was about an inch down. He dug the plug and pin pointed it and looked up and said "It's Gold" it was a 14k gold wedding band.

Now I've lived here about two years now. We got the place from my grandpa. My great grandma grew up here so we was keeping the house in the family. After finding the ring I showed my parents and they checked with my grandpa to see if he knew if anyone had lose one. Come to find out my grandpa had lost his about 20 years ago. We showed it to him and he said that looked just like it.

Now, me and my brother-in-law is hooked we can't wait to see what else we can find.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Chorton2201! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

t_o.gif
2nd - Nice finds and FANTASTIC finding your Grandpa's ring! Thanks for sharing...

photo_camera.gif
3rd - It would be great to see pictures of your find. If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet. Great story of finding your grandfather’s ring. Good luck!

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and congratulations.

I'm sure your Grandpa was thrilled to get the ring back.

Hope you find a lot more treasure.

Pete

nuggetdog

Jan 29, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Utah, what a great way to start your new hobby!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, Awesome post, sounds like you're hooked alright. To some it' a hobby, to others an obsession, enjoy.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Iowa! That’s one awesome recovery!

battlecat

Dec 23, 2004
moosic pa
Wow that is so awesome! We were detecting my yard and my buddy found a dog rabbies tag, this is the house my father in law grew up in, we showed it to him and it was his dog as a kid, the other side had the next dogs name etched into it by his mother.
I saw a hint of emotion on his face when he saw that and kind of chuckled and said, yep that was mom that carved that in there.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That was a great story battlecat.

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, and congratulations on your first real find, first gold, and being able to return it to your own Grandfather! PRICELESS!

When you say "You and your Brother-in-Law is Hooked", you really have no idea just how true that statement is! You have just filled every spare hour of your time, and more, for the rest of your lives! But it's a good thing..:laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be very happy with all the cool stuff you will find awesome job on the gold that will get the addiction going

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice ring and welcome.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll tell you now - you're hooked for life and when you die you'll want to be buried (or cremated) with your favorite detector so you can detect forever...it is a curse! Gold doesn't come often but when it does it is better than an organism.:icon_scratch::o

Gold - 21
Silver 32

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
Welcome, and congratulations on your first real find, first gold, and being able to return it to your own Grandfather! PRICELESS!

When you say "You and your Brother-in-Law is Hooked", you really have no idea just how true that statement is! You have just filled every spare hour of your time, and more, for the rest of your lives! But it's a good thing..:laughing7:

But don't forget, you still have to go fishing from time to time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread