Silver saint

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2020
Van etten ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, nokta makro simplex, minelab xterra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today in upstate New York it was a nasty rainy day and I was tired of looking out the window so I grabbed my gear and headed to a field to detect in the rain I located a high spot and decided to start there and not 15 feet into my first pass I got a solid 22 on my equinox so being in a field I dug it and out pops a beautiful half reale from 1782 so it was worth the walk in the rain and fully intend on doing it again tomorrow

Upvote 0

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today in upstate New York it was a nasty rainy day and I was tired of looking out the window so I grabbed my gear and headed to a field to detect in the rain I located a high spot and decided to start there and not 15 feet into my first pass I got a solid 22 on my equinox so being in a field I dug it and out pops a beautiful half reale from 1782 so it was worth the walk in the rain and fully intend on doing it again tomorrow

Hey, Congrats on the SILVER! I am from the Geneva NY area, and have a friend that lives between Seneca & Cayuga Lakes out in the farm country there. Over the past three weeks, he decided to get out as the weather breaks. He walked across the road he lives on, and picked out a high spot in the field near where a very small creek runs nearby. Here is what he has found thus far this spring in a very small area!
Collage.jpg

1807 large.jpg

Plus 3 or four old flat buttons.

Last year, He dug an 1836 Large Cent, and I dug an 1802 Large cent, from a house just down the road that had been a local tavern in the late 1700's into early 1800's.

There is a LOT of history through the Central NY region!

ps: Sure would like to see a photo posted of your silver!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread