There has to be a reason ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: There has to be a reason ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jim

Apr 2020
    Shasta Lake CA
    Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
    71 times
    Metal Detecting

There has to be a reason ?

I'm just getting back into detecting and have watched a LOT of You Tube videos to bring me back up to speed. Most of them seem to be using Minelab Equinox detectors (coin and relic and beach). I'm just wondering why. Are they some of the overall best machines around ? Just curious. Be safe and healthy all !
    A2coins, sprailroad and BLK HOLE like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    40244 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    It is a good Machine multi freguency I have one There are alot of good machines out there I had an at pro and max and there was alot I liked about those more than the Nox Its like fishing gear you dont have to have top of the line poles and reels to do well its knowing your machine and how to use it. I know many people that have the nox cause it was the hype and dont know how to use it out of the presets To each his own...

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 89 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    40244 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Welcome to tnet
    vicvector, RustyGold and SD51 like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 89 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jim

Apr 2020
    Shasta Lake CA
    Fisher F44, Nokta Simplex+ with headphones, Nokta Pinpointer
    71 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    It is a good Machine multi freguency I have one There are alot of good machines out there I had an at pro and max and there was alot I liked about those more than the Nox Its like fishing gear you dont have to have top of the line poles and reels to do well its knowing your machine and how to use it. I know many people that have the nox cause it was the hype and dont know how to use it out of the presets To each his own...
    Yeah it doesn't look like they are power on and go machines for sure. The multi frequency thing looks like an advantage, probably why so many peeps use them on You Tube videos. Thanks for the reply.
    A2coins and SD51 like this.

us
    Jan 2018
    North Atlanta
    Equinox 800, 6" coil, stock coil, 15" coil, ProFind-35 pinpointer, Simplex, Vanquish 540. sold: AT Pro with stock coil, Nel Thunder, Garrett 5" x 8" coil, Garrett Carrot, Simplex.
    1002 times
    Relic Hunting
    It depends on what type of hunting you are doing.

Civil war relics - XP Deus or Equinox
    deep coin hunting - CTX 3030
    Ocean beach (wet hunting) - a good PI machine or Equinox 800
    Desert gold machine - Equinox 800 or some higher end gold detector.

All types of hunting - Equinox 800

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, Felezjoo
    178 times
    Could be a better organized advertising network......just thinking aloud.

Oh, yeah add

- militaria and underground structures - deep seeking PI

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8540 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulltabfelix View Post
    It depends on what type of hunting you are doing.

Civil war relics - XP Deus or Equinox
    deep coin hunting - CTX 3030
    Ocean beach (wet hunting) - a good PI machine or Equinox 800
    Desert gold machine - Equinox 800 or some higher end gold detector.

All types of hunting - Equinox 800
    Sometimes a PI machine will work best on Civil War sites, depending on the ground mineralization.
    The good old Sovereign, Explorer, and Etrac are also good on deep coins, as well as many of the Fisher machines.
    I would add the CTX, Excalibur, and CZ21 to your beach machine list.
    Also, there are many good gold nugget machines in all price ranges. One of the best tiny and shallow nugget machines is still the Gold Bug. Deeper stuff would need a better machine though, like the Gold Monster1000 or the real high end stuff that are multi-thousands of dollars.
    ​Avitech Associate

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    13334 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by vicvector View Post
    I'm just getting back into detecting and have watched a LOT of You Tube videos to bring me back up to speed. Most of them seem to be using Minelab Equinox detectors (coin and relic and beach). I'm just wondering why. Are they some of the overall best machines around ? Just curious. Be safe and healthy all !
    Because the kind of people vain enough to video themselves are lured by the marketing and design of Minelab? ;-)

(Not really . . . or is it?)
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); May 18, 2020 at 12:56 PM.
    A2coins and Slingshot like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    May 2020
    Teknetics T2 Se Ltd. Fisher CZ3D Minelab Etrac
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Because the kind of people vain enough to video themselves are lured by the marketing and design of Minelab? ;-)

(Not really . . . or is it?)
    I really find it funny when they are SO sure that the detector THEY use is the best that they make videos on it running down other machines, but then turn off commenting because they are cowardly sheep.

If I see a channel with commenting turned off they don't even get a second look. Only cowards have something to hide.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, Felezjoo
    178 times
    Best finds have been found by entry level detectors....... it's usually the presistance of the detectorist that makes the difference.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    16591 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    I do fine with what i got and follow guys with minelabs new and old models all the time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9z...hkEv_fdD_Gglsg

Equinox is the flavor of the month
    guys used to say their Excals were the best in the world
    then 3030s came out and they said those were best in the world
    then garrett ATX and AT PRO and everyone was buying them
    i got friends that have 8 or more machines that are top of the line by every company out there
    I dont get out as much as i used to but i trudge along with what i got and usually get a few good keepers every time i get out still
    and i follow guys with every new model out there
    A2coins and T.C. like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    16591 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    A2coins likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2424 times
    Metal Detecting
    You must have missed their marketing blitz, they boldly claimed for months that the nox would obsolete all other detectors, and many bought into the hype. It is a very good detector to be sure but I think right now it is more trendy than anything, and I am guessing that sales of their top of the line units fell to rock bottom with the nox success.
    Most guy are gadget fiends face it, we want the latest and greatest. Fact is, the best detector out there, the best and greatest that will ever be, is the one you use the most - And that doesn't have to be the latest deep seeking monster with bluetooth and gps.

I have one btw, got it late last summer and haven't used it yet so I still reserve my impression of it. I got the simplex and have been using that alot ,, Will more than likely get an Apex when they hit the market, looks promising and I am a big fan of the Ace line.
    A2coins, CalReg and SD51 like this.

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, Felezjoo
    178 times
    True. I am using a couple of home made machines, have one yet to be boxed and intend to build another one (i have to keep pace with the market lol); i a have found so much trash over the years i coud open a private City dump - so they still must be top of the line, i guess. Or maybe there is no such thing as the best detector - just go out and use whatever you have, as often as you can.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500,Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    6034 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome to T-Net, some like Fords some like Chevy's. The NOX seems to be the bell of the ball right now. I like Garretts but that doesn't make me right or wrong. Find what you like, then learn it inside and out. HH & GL
    A2coins, CalReg and T.C. like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links