marty203

May 4, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I live in Labrador West. We have 2 very big iron ore mines in the area. My question is... Is it possible to use a "gold" metal detector to find gold nuggets/flakes in such and iron ore rich area? I am thinking of getting the fisher gold bug 2 or the garrett at gold metal detector. And i am nervous to make the purchase as to if it could even work to detect gold in a geological area such as mine. There are reports by labrador gold corp that they have found gold by schefferville and hopedale. Does anybody have any thoughts they would like to share. I would appreciate it. Cheers

Upvote 0

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure if you disc out iron it would help

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of gold occurs in areas with high iron content and the best gold detectors can cancel some of it out. The big Minelab PI detectors punch right through iron soil but they cost-$4500 and up. The best lower price gold detector out right now is the Minelab Gold Monster. Forget the AT Gold, it is a gold detector in name only, frequency is not high enough for a true VLF gold detector.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sdc-2300 I’ve heard is great on small gold. Its less then the other big boy Minelabs and waterproof

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions