Storing Metal Detectors till next season.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BamaBill said:
That's where relic hunting in Bama is an advantage. Things just get good after deer season is over. No snakes, no ticks, no bugs and reduced chances of poison ivy. We're basically shutdown during the heat of summer and that can last from June into October. Rest of the year is usually doable.

Something else you (we) don't have after deer season is dumba$$ city slickers with high-power rifles and no idea what a deer looks like. They'll shoot anything that moves--even if it's wearing an international orange vest and cap. >:(

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Shortstack said:
BamaBill said:
That's where relic hunting in Bama is an advantage. Things just get good after deer season is over. No snakes, no ticks, no bugs and reduced chances of poison ivy. We're basically shutdown during the heat of summer and that can last from June into October. Rest of the year is usually doable.

Something else you (we) don't have after deer season is dumba$$ city slickers with high-power rifles and no idea what a deer looks like. They'll shoot anything that moves--even if it's wearing an international orange vest and cap. >:(

AMEN !!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because I turn my Heat all the way off at night,
Even on Sub Freezing Nights, I probably cause
extra Condensation.
So I place a Desiccant Pack in the Battery compartment.
to help cut down on moisture.
I would permanently place some in the control
Box, But I havn't figured out how to open it on the XS-2

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you have a control box cover just stick a couple packs in under it........

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Thanks Sandman for the reminder. I yanked my batteries a couple weeks ago as I was digging out my hunting gear.
So easy to forget the simple things that can cause a huge amount of damage to our expensive machines.

Mike

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now up here in North East Ohio before deer season they were giveing classes to the dumb ass hunters to show them what a deer looks like.I did not beleive it at first but there was a write up in the paper. The dam dumb hunters were shooting cows and any thing that moves.I won't go out in the woods when deer season is on any more and give up hunting deer. ...I can't see how people can be so stupid?.....==Jim==

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread