F2 versus Vanquish

caheaton

Greenie
May 16, 2011
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 & F70
Hello. I'm intrigued by the new Vanquish series, particularly the multi frequency ability. One reservation I have is that I did one one review that knocked the Vanquish for it's inability to find coins that may be masked by trash. The F2 performs quite well in this regard (i.e., finding coins close to trash). I've been searching online, but have yet to find any evaluations that put these two head to head. A weak area of the F2 is small gold...it struggles on these items (e.g., a small gold earring or earring back). I'm assuming the Vanquish would perform better hear due to the mutl-frequency.

So, I'm turning to the forums. Would it behoove me to upgrade my F2 to a Vanquish 440? Or would this simply be more of a lateral move?

Craig
ancient Whites 5000D, Fisher F2, Fisher F70

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F2 struggles because it operates at a low frequency of 5.9 mhz, your F70 should do fine on a target like that.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F2 struggles because it operates at a low frequency of 5.9 mhz, your F70 should do fine on a target like that.

I wanted to type something similar to what Loco said. Im not sure that the F2 and the vanquish are comparing apples with apples. F2 was released in 2007 and stopped production in 2016. Theres a 11 -12 year gap between these detectors...
I dont think the F2 depth would be anywhere close to the vanquish. I had a F5 and that couldnt compare in the real world to the F75 (close relative of the F70)
Vanquish has DD coil, F2 stock was concentric, single frequency vs multi... etc.

Chub

Barrydang

Sep 2, 2019
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My f70 sometimes surprises me how small some things are it finds. I have not found gold but extremely small buttons and a small lead shot is never a problem. I can’t add anything to the other machines.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Vanquish series is too new to know much about it BUT if it performs anywhere near that of the Equinox 600/800 series, it will be a small gold (read studded ear ring) killer and gold chain/bracelet killer too. Been using the Nox 800 for 1 year now and continues to surprise me after using CTX 3030 for 3 years and Excal II for about 12 yrs. I've been watching the Vanquish 540 (w 2 coils, rechargeable batteries and wireless headphones) since new year and waiting for it to become available at my price (in terms of free-bees)...come to think of it...my birthday is next month - Honey, I know what I want for my birthday!

Gold - 21
Silver 32

n4cqd

Greenie
Jan 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello. I'm intrigued by the new Vanquish series, particularly the multi frequency ability. One reservation I have is that I did one one review that knocked the Vanquish for it's inability to find coins that may be masked by trash. The F2 performs quite well in this regard (i.e., finding coins close to trash). I've been searching online, but have yet to find any evaluations that put these two head to head. A weak area of the F2 is small gold...it struggles on these items (e.g., a small gold earring or earring back). I'm assuming the Vanquish would perform better hear due to the mutl-frequency.

So, I'm turning to the forums. Would it behoove me to upgrade my F2 to a Vanquish 440? Or would this simply be more of a lateral move?

Craig
ancient Whites 5000D, Fisher F2, Fisher

Craig
ancient Whites 5000D, Fisher F2, Fisher F70
I have the minelab vanquish 540, and I think it's a great detector. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Nox 800 or a Deus 2, But then it doesn't have their price tag either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread