chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is more than an entry level machine. More of a 2nd tier level detector. Looks like a great upgrade from the original.

I think its a clever strategy. Their *entry level machine is somewhere between the vanquish 550 and the Nox 600. I really like the Viper coil. Nice size. I also enjoyed the low profile design as explained to eliminate the pendulum effect and reduce fatigue.
I enjoyed the US coin and global coin setting.

Chub

Silver Saver

Mar 15, 2017
Center of North America
Detector(s) used
Etrac- Sunray x5, x8, x12. Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I felt pretty impressed by the new release. There are so many options for detectors, but if I was looking to get into the hobby this one would definitely be on my list to consider. A nice mid tier detector with multi frequency. If only they could've made it waterproof too. What really impressed me is how light it is, it looks like it would be a pleasure to swing

Oscar Goldman

May 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like what I'm seeing on this Apex, and it's affordable. Why don't they make the pole collapsable or telescopic so you can easily put this in a backpack and hike to a spot? Would this detector be suitable for gold nugget hunting and crevicing?

OP
OP
C

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can sum it up in one word BULLLOWNEE.

lol, care to elaborate? Remember, this is part of the strategy...this is the entry level into garrett now

chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread