Detectors and iron-shifting

KZ2088

Greenie
Jul 23, 2017
Virginia Beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was almost set on getting an f75ltd/2 with the 15" coil until I heard from more than one person that large gold/silver at depth show up in the iron range. I'm looking to get a machine strictly for golf ball to bowling ball size targets at 20"+. I already have a f44 for normal use. If a display is useless at that depth (say a gold bar 2-3ft deep), I might as well just get a CZ-3D, Sierra Madre, Tesoro, or a Detech Relic Striker? The Detech comes with a 18"/21" coil and operates at 4.8khz.... which would be perfect. There's just not enough experience on them out there to read up on. As for the f75, I thought the depth indicator would be useful as I could ignore everything unless the indicator is maxed. And then I could use the pointer for determining size, and tone for conductivity

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All detectors have trouble giving reliable target I.D. at depth. What other detectors do you have?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread