Garrett is back in the game with the Apex - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Garrett is back in the game with the Apex

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    25270 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sprailroad View Post
    So.....by what I just read here, it's like the EQ 6-800? Operates in Multi Freq with the option to switch to a single Freq. if so desired. I have everything I will ever need, but with newer people interested in the hobby, I try to offer up a pretty decent choice for them, something user friendly to start out with, but something they will not outgrow anytime soon, while getting the most bang for the buck. There are a number of good choices out there, I just hope to give them a fairly informed choice. I could go on etc. etc., I will only add that so far, I have not found any good information about it anywhere. The one video put out by Garrett was as sad as the one Minelab put on the Vanquish.
    https://garrett.com/sport/ace/apex

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    31398 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Calabash, liked your most recent post here. That 74 khz on my XP Deus just scored 12 Civil War buttons in a hunted out site running that HF coil. Every machine known to God and man has been on this spot. Since the 1960's. I am the CAT!
    Last edited by smokeythecat; May 17, 2020 at 04:16 PM.

us
    Mar 2020
    Minnesota
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV 10" MAGNUM Coil Garrett Ace APEX (COMING SOON!!)
    22 times
    Metal Detecting
    I just preordered one. The Hoover boys are doing a review of it next week!
    Not sure if itís entry level, being the price and complexity. They say itís nothing like the other ace machines...
    dave_e likes this.

Jul 2020
    Traverse City, Michigan
    Garrett ACE APEX
    6 times
    You are right about the APEX, newbies will order it, I did! What I like is the multi freq 5, 10, 15, and 20 selectable plus the Multi Freq and Salt Multi Freq use those plus a few higher ones. Those are not selectable individually but they are there and in use when on MF or MFS. I travel a wide range of soil types and beach types so I see the MF and MFS a big plus. The Iron audio should be a real plus. That was always a distraction on my "very old" White Coin Master. As for yellow box... love it , easy to see in the woods, and I really wouldn't care if they made it purple. Not into fashion. I made the leap due to weight, MF, MFS and visual and audio and ol' guy can work with. Now if it would just hurry up and ship....

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8976 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    All the videos I've seen about the Apex look to be Garrett promotional propaganda. Let's see some unbiased head to head comparisons......both against other Garrett machines and other detectors in their class.
    dave_e likes this.
    ​Avitech Associate

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    893 times
    Metal Detecting
    Mark....if we see in the next few months what was proposed...there won't be a need.
    Coins I have found in MY yard-

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    3174 times
    Quote Originally Posted by calabash digger View Post
    Nice entry level machine...but minelab has already done it with the Vanquish. Plus look at coil selection on the Vanquish. Nice to see Garrett coming into 2020 ...Here is the kicker their cheap detector has a iron audio now and their top tiers dont.... I wish they would have competed with the Equinox ....
    Unless I am mistaken calabash, the Garrett can be switched into 3 different single Freq's, where the Minelab Vanquish can not. A small thing really, but still, options like that are nice to have IF you choose to use them. Am I mistaken? about the Vanquish not being to do that, pretty sure I'm not, anyway, good to see Garett with this, my first detector was a Garrett A3B United States gold hunter, I run Minelabs now, but still have a little soft spot for Garretts, kind of like your very first date, but if asked to recommend a detector to a new user? I might point to the Apex over the Vanquish. Now, to everybody else, I'm not going against calabash, I believe that guy has forgotten more about detectors then I have yet to lean, and that's all I have to say about that.

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2685 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    All the videos I've seen about the Apex look to be Garrett promotional propaganda. Let's see some unbiased head to head comparisons......both against other Garrett machines and other detectors in their class.
    Well, haven't noticed them make the claim that it will obsolete all other detectors, so theres that ,,,
    mindcrime1988 likes this.

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    893 times
    Metal Detecting
    Touchť.

But still... that claim can still stand until it releases and tested.

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    4489 times
    Best of luck to Garrett and the new detector.
    mindcrime1988 and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2018
    TN
    Equinox 800 (Main), Equinox 600(water machine), Anfibio Multi, F75+, T2SE, (Old Faithful) (Co Main), BHLRP, ACE 200
    46 times
    Couple years too late, only goes to 20khz iirc. Garret detectors are terrible imo

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2685 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEquinoxHunter View Post
    Couple years too late, only goes to 20khz iirc. Garret detectors are terrible imo

Is that all you do, prowl forums looking to trash garrett for some odd reason ?
    More than likely you know nox sales are going to tank when the Apex is released, and are trying to reassure yourself that you still will have the best machine.
    Irishgoldhound likes this.

Jul 2013
    1572 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEquinoxHunter View Post
    Garrett maybe late to the table with multi frequency but they are definitely not too late. They are doing just fine with their competitors. Whites and Tesoro I would say are too late. Garrett is more than capable of putting out competitive machines and theyíve just proved it with the Apex. More to come for sure. What is it you donít like about Garrett detectors?

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    893 times
    Metal Detecting
    I own a nox 800, a CTX3030, a whites TDI, a Garrett AT Pro- and I can honestly say most of my great finds came with the AT Pro.

The CTX is the superior detector available by far IMO- but it does come at both a great cost, and great weight.

But to say Garret is bad is silly..

Atari Token

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    4513 times
    Charles Garrett and Co. Rocks.
    RustyGold likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links