Garrett is back in the game with the Apex

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Garrett is back into the game!

1st it was a good way to reveal a new detector with everyone!

No threat to the Equinxox technically EXCEPT it will get tons of new detectorists into the Garrett family and they will likely be loyal to garret. By the time they need to upgrade from the Apex Garrett will have a competitor to the Equinox line.

It is a direct threat to the Vanquish and Simplex+.

Garrett has proved (to me at least) it is not conceding it's sport division.

plus he revealed that there have been more than 1,000,000 Ace detectors sold.

as a side note, their factory is back to 100% in Texas and they secured the Apex parts in advance of the virus striking America.

Will they add these improvements to the AT Pro line to extend it? I am pretty sure they will. Too many AT Pro users out there. You will have a waterproof Apex on the AT Pro line with re-chargable batteries and lighter.

The design is cool more like the Equinox control panel and I am sure the Viper coil will be a great hit.

rechargable battery, true ground balance, lighter than Vanquish.

price: $425 - $499 w/o wireless headphones
add $80 for wireless earphones.

Yes, Garrett is back into the game (did they ever leave?)

Existing Ace users will flock to the Apex, newbies will buy the Apex and stay with Garrett for years.

https://www.facebook.com/Garrettmetaldetectorsusa/

Upvote 0

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Couple years too late, only goes to 20khz iirc. Garret detectors are terrible imo

Is that all you do, prowl forums looking to trash garrett for some odd reason ?
More than likely you know nox sales are going to tank when the Apex is released, and are trying to reassure yourself that you still will have the best machine.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Couple years too late, only goes to 20khz iirc. Garret detectors are terrible imo

Garrett maybe late to the table with multi frequency but they are definitely not too late. They are doing just fine with their competitors. Whites and Tesoro I would say are too late. Garrett is more than capable of putting out competitive machines and they’ve just proved it with the Apex. More to come for sure. What is it you don’t like about Garrett detectors?

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a nox 800, a CTX3030, a whites TDI, a Garrett AT Pro- and I can honestly say most of my great finds came with the AT Pro.

The CTX is the superior detector available by far IMO- but it does come at both a great cost, and great weight.

But to say Garret is bad is silly..

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that all you do, prowl forums looking to trash garrett for some odd reason ?
More than likely you know nox sales are going to tank when the Apex is released, and are trying to reassure yourself that you still will have the best machine.

That was actually a guess based on 2 posts, looked at your post history and what a joke - 90% Garrett bashing and sales section

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’m waiting for the AT Multi to come out next. It’s gonna be called the ATM lol.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm happy Garrett is coming out with a multi-frequency detector. I don't use one, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. Without competition in the detector space the technology will stagnate. Innovate or die is the mantra they have to preach now.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm happy Garrett is coming out with a multi-frequency detector. I don't use one, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it. Without competition in the detector space the technology will stagnate. Innovate or die is the mantra they have to preach now.

Exactly - Anyone who would rant against detector equipment just because of brand is a superficial brat. Like many here, I have owned and used half a dozen models from various manufactures including Minelab and Garrett and love to see innovation regardless of who comes up with it. It remains to be seen what the Apex can do but it looks promising, the Ace series is by far the most widely sold and used detectors out there, I started with a 250 and went to a 400 eventually, great to see them modernizing the line. USA made and renowned customer service, its hard to see them flopping with this one.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly - Anyone who would rant against detector equipment just because of brand is a superficial brat. Like many here, I have owned and used half a dozen models from various manufactures including Minelab and Garrett and love to see innovation regardless of who comes up with it. It remains to be seen what the Apex can do but it looks promising, the Ace series is by far the most widely sold and used detectors out there, I started with a 250 and went to a 400 eventually, great to see them modernizing the line. USA made and renowned customer service, its hard to see them flopping with this one.

Lot of tribalism going around. People seem to make their preferred brand part of their perceived identity. Anyone saying anything negative against that brand is perceived as a personal attack. Many also feel obligated to seek and point out flaws in other brands for some 'my brand is best' self reinforcement.

I could care less about brands. I'll use what works for me.

kajunoutlaw

Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800

Have used many detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Nox 800 and when in Multi-IQ mode as far as I know there is no way as the user to know even what mixture of frequencies you are using. Some technical guys have put it on the scope and figured out what frequencies are used in different modes. But I don't remember what they were.

Park & Field modes: 7.8kHz + 39kHz
Beach modes: 7.8kHz + 18.2kHz
Gold modes: 40kHz + 5kHz

The Nox only uses two frequencies at any given time.

I see some commenting about the Vanquish already has the market the Apex is geared for. The Vanquish line can't be ground balanced. You can with the Apex. The Apex can use SMF or single frequency. Vanquish cannot do that.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I preordered an Apex a few weeks ago. It’s important to remember that Garrett has commercial and public safety products that can (and have) buoyed their hobby division. Garrett took their time evaluating the market and will have a runaway hit on their hands with the Apex. I can’t wait to see the successor to their AT series of machines. Competition is good for the hobby. Perhaps XP will be forced to kick it up a notch and come out with a simultaneous multi frequency detector...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread