cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best to get on a waiting list now. Some tour groups are booked years in advance and it takes a cancellation to get a slot. With the current virus situation, who knows who will be going on the next trips. They're usually in the Spring or Fall when the fields don't have crops in them and the weather is decent enough to hunt them. I've been going with Chicago Ron's group for several years now. Lots of fun and great places to hunt. He has a better price than many tours offering pretty much a package deal except air fare. With some groups, you may have to pay separate fees for certain amenities. Group size is another variable. Ron's groups are a total of 8, including Ron and his wife. Some group tours can be 30 or more. Some do site seeing too, some don't. Ron's tour doesn't include site seeing.....mostly hard core detecting from dawn to dusk. We do go to various pubs and restaurants for dinner in the nearby area. He knows where to get some great food! If you want some site seeing, you may want to take an extra week or two before your detecting time to do that. You definitely won't have the energy to do it after!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be a blast Good luck wish I could go.. My wife grew up in Rochester cool little town for sure

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with Discovery Tours. This was or is Jimmy Sierra's Tour company. Absolutely top notch, fields, and accommodations. I'm not sure they are still doing tours as I went about 1996 but they were the first or one of the first to offer detecting trips to England and I knew a number of guys that went on many of Jimmy's trips. If they are still doing trips, that's who I'd go with.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're pretty pricey and usually a large group. Not sure they're still doing it either. I was on their list a few years back, but, after hearing that some of their fields were planted with finds, I decided to go elsewhere.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It all depends on what you want for a trip.
Actual detecting, or a planted tour.
Personally I rather dig a bit than digging a sack full of planted finds.
Been on 8 trips and dug a lot of awesome finds.
Been on a trip with Chicago Ron, hardcore hunting, you probably will get a few keepers.
But there's no BS, everything is run on the straight up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread