skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250 Simplex +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm was thinking about moving up from my old 250 to a Nox 800 ? ......then I ordered a Simplex and was toying with getting an Apex also .......figuring the two was the same $$$ I'd pay for one Nox ............may be redundant don't know.... what say you guys ? Do you zig what i'm zagin ? Pete

Upvote 0

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deliveries are slow across the board, mail for me is about every 3 days. Waited almost 2 weeks for some switchblades I ordered, and more than that for sandpaper for my drum sander.
Am currently waiting on a new pinpointer and Predator shovel.
Simplex will be a nice upgrade to the 250, 250 is also a great machine, don't get rid of it if you can avoid it. Makes a good backup detector, or one to introduce detecting to.

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do Simplex detectors ship a box within a box so nobody knows what is being shipped to insure it's not stolen ? I got it from Metaldetector. com.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do Simplex detectors ship a box within a box so nobody knows what is being shipped to insure it's not stolen ? I got it from Metaldetector. com.

Might depend on the dealer, mine from bigboyshobbies came double boxed

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks ....does UPS deliver on Sat......missed Thurs..Fri...Sat.....Sun ? thats four days earmarked by UPS for delivery !When you track it, it says the same thing for days !! We'll see, I gots lots of patience !! Pete

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My pinpointer has been out for delivery since yesterday, UPS facility is less than 2 miles from my house ,, I think they are just a bit overwhelmed at this point.

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xray .....are there any on and off pinpointers like the Garrett pro that I have now.....no extras! ...on and off !

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sure there are, I am going to try the Nokta pinpointer on the assumption that it won't interfere with the simplex like the Garrett does, otherwise I wouldn't have had the need for another, though it never hurts to have a backup. Have heard good things about the Whites PP as well.

The carot does have more features than on/off by the way with various button presses.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the AT Pro, gARRET ads3, GTA 350 and 550, WHites V3i, MX SPort, and about 8 other detectors. I absolutley hate Minelab. But after getting trounced by the Knox 800 I gave in. Awesome machine for straight depth and power.

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP - "Simplex+ and Apex... equals Equinox"

No, Most likely they won't.

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xray.....the Simplex's latest update 2.77 now has a mute feature that you hit on /off button to mute .....use your Garrett pin pointer with no interference .....when done hit any button to unmute ! Gotta love the upgrade capability of the Simplex !! Pete

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the AT Pro, gARRET ads3, GTA 350 and 550, WHites V3i, MX SPort, and about 8 other detectors. I absolutley hate Minelab. But after getting trounced by the Knox 800 I gave in. Awesome machine for straight depth and power.

Yes ..... i'm sure it's a great machine ......not $560 great over the Simplex is what I figure ! Pete

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, adding a Simplex to an Apex to get an Equinox is like adding a Dart to a Jeep to get a Viper. None are bad choices, but, which would you rather drive? There actually are no wrong answers here, just different uses and results.

OP
OP
S

skateblade

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd take the Dart for the price and a Jeep because it's all terrain and be happy with my game .....tho i'd love to drive a Viper just for the Hell of it !! My point was MAYBE I could have 2 great but different detectors for the price of one maybe so so one according to my needs or wants ! Again i'm only nixing the nox largely because of price and my style and logic ? Please don't read more into this then that . Pete

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Xray.....the Simplex's latest update 2.77 now has a mute feature that you hit on /off button to mute .....use your Garrett pin pointer with no interference .....when done hit any button to unmute ! Gotta love the upgrade capability of the Simplex !! Pete

Yes I know, its is better than nothing but wrecks my hunting style so I'd greatly prefer no or at least minimal interference.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
skateblade,

The Garrett pin point interferes with the Simplex, Yes, the new software update (fairly easy to complete) will solve the problem by muting (ON/OFF pin pointer function push) the detector; not something I wish to do. I purchased the Nokta Pulsedive pin pointer and the problem is solved, plus it connected though wireless to my headphones...very cool. The new pin pointer is very cool and has many adjustments to play with if your into tinkering.

The need two fix two things during the next software update to make it an absolute killer machine. (1) The detector pin function should be ON/OFF like Minelab, not continuous hold down.
(2) more tones per detecting mode need to be added. For example, each mode should be operator selective 2, 3, 4, 5 then say 20. This will give the operator much more visual relief (VID) and can rely on tones, as most experience hunter do.

Regards,

Doc

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm was thinking about moving up from my old 250 to a Nox 800 ? ......then I ordered a Simplex and was toying with getting an Apex also .......figuring the two was the same $$$ I'd pay for one Nox ............may be redundant don't know.... what say you guys ? Do you zig what i'm zagin ? Pete

Just pick up a vanquish 440. This way you get best of both worlds and keep your $$$. I have been using a Simplex and a Vanquish for a while now and it is working out great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread