Simplex+ and Apex... equals Equinox - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Simplex+ and Apex... equals Equinox

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2014
    New York
    GARRETT ACE 250
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDog View Post
    I've had the AT Pro, gARRET ads3, GTA 350 and 550, WHites V3i, MX SPort, and about 8 other detectors. I absolutley hate Minelab. But after getting trounced by the Knox 800 I gave in. Awesome machine for straight depth and power.
    Yes ..... i'm sure it's a great machine ......not $560 great over the Simplex is what I figure ! Pete

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    8684 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    To me, adding a Simplex to an Apex to get an Equinox is like adding a Dart to a Jeep to get a Viper. None are bad choices, but, which would you rather drive? There actually are no wrong answers here, just different uses and results.
    ​Avitech Associate

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2014
    New York
    GARRETT ACE 250
    1 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd take the Dart for the price and a Jeep because it's all terrain and be happy with my game .....tho i'd love to drive a Viper just for the Hell of it !! My point was MAYBE I could have 2 great but different detectors for the price of one maybe so so one according to my needs or wants ! Again i'm only nixing the nox largely because of price and my style and logic ? Please don't read more into this then that . Pete

us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex
    2510 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by skateblade View Post
    Xray.....the Simplex's latest update 2.77 now has a mute feature that you hit on /off button to mute .....use your Garrett pin pointer with no interference .....when done hit any button to unmute ! Gotta love the upgrade capability of the Simplex !! Pete
    Yes I know, its is better than nothing but wrecks my hunting style so I'd greatly prefer no or at least minimal interference.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    33762 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    skateblade,

The Garrett pin point interferes with the Simplex, Yes, the new software update (fairly easy to complete) will solve the problem by muting (ON/OFF pin pointer function push) the detector; not something I wish to do. I purchased the Nokta Pulsedive pin pointer and the problem is solved, plus it connected though wireless to my headphones...very cool. The new pin pointer is very cool and has many adjustments to play with if your into tinkering.

The need two fix two things during the next software update to make it an absolute killer machine. (1) The detector pin function should be ON/OFF like Minelab, not continuous hold down.
    (2) more tones per detecting mode need to be added. For example, each mode should be operator selective 2, 3, 4, 5 then say 20. This will give the operator much more visual relief (VID) and can rely on tones, as most experience hunter do.

Regards,

Doc

us
    Sep 2019
    Olympia, Washington
    Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy) Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
    98 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by skateblade View Post
    I'm was thinking about moving up from my old 250 to a Nox 800 ? ......then I ordered a Simplex and was toying with getting an Apex also .......figuring the two was the same $$$ I'd pay for one Nox ............may be redundant don't know.... what say you guys ? Do you zig what i'm zagin ? Pete
    Just pick up a vanquish 440. This way you get best of both worlds and keep your $$$. I have been using a Simplex and a Vanquish for a while now and it is working out great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links