White's XLT vs Simplex

Littleebear

Greenie
Oct 15, 2009
Hello,

I have a White's xlt that is starting to be old and I might be looking to buy another detector and keep it as a backup. I was wondering if anybody here made the move from an XLT or similar to a Simplex. I don't wan't to downgrade, but what I've seen of the Simplex make me wonder if it's not a good switch for me. I usually work with no modulation for depth, a feature that dosen't seem to be on the new machine.

Thanks for your advice.

LB

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still use an XLT - have since 1995 - and still go to hammered spots behind guys with newer machines and pull out goodies they missed
mine is pretty beat - last year my GF saw one on ebay and I got it for under $300 and its like new :icon_thumright:

Springcitydoc1

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2020
Granview, TN.
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 NOKTA MAKRO SIMPLEX+
2 MINELAB X-TERRA 705s, GARRETT GTP-1350
and a defunk White XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only issue I have ever had with My XLTs is the screen is prone to go out. my understanding was they quit making the screens but I was also told there is a fix using DFX screens?? Im about to find out my Screen crashed last week and since it has been a great machine for me, Im going to call a repair center to check on a screen replacement,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions